Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Cheetah

Author Topic: Cheetah
Ahkileez
Member # 734

- posted      Profile for Ahkileez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Evening, folks. I present for you my second entry into the TrekBBS competition. The Bombardier Cheetah.

Built for the corporate market, it's luxurious, fast, and hella-expensive [Smile] Built to mimic the modern day LearJet's signature sleakness and aggressive styling.

C&C Welcome [Smile]

-

-Ahkileez

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh "Bombardier"...nice touch.

I'm a little iffy on the ten thousand credits deal, afterall in the 24th century the human race has no need for money, and only workds "to better itself." [Wink]

Ahkileez
Member # 734

- posted      Profile for Ahkileez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mucus: Thanks. I'm trying to base the designs for this competition as much on real modern stuff as I can. No reason to think Bombardier doesn't still exist in some form [Smile]

As for the credits thing, if you checked out my other thread named "TJ Looker" you'll know I don't buy the in-system warp restriction thing. I also don't buy the no-money or the 'evolved human' tripe from TNG either [Smile]

P.S. That was supposed to be 10-MILLION, my bad [Smile]

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I approve of the Bombardier reference. If it exists in the 24th century, maybe Canada will too [Wink]

I have no problems with in-system warp...but Star Trek has always been pretty consistent with the lack of money in human society. (With the possible exception of Enterprise...I've missed most of this season. No TV access == no Enterprise)

From Star Trek IV with Kirk, to Picard in the series and in First Contact, and even with DS9 which played with many of our preconceptions about the Federation (in a good way)....Jake *still* has to borrow money from Nog to buy a simple baseball card.

I don't really see much room for rationalization, you may argue that such a system is unworkable (and I may even agree with you) but A) its centuries away, who knows what advances may lead to the demise of currency and B) its a fictional universe, they can do whatever they want.

Captain39
Member # 1001

- posted      Profile for Captain39     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just out of curiosity, what program did you use for the design Ahkileez?

--------------------
I can resist everything except temptation. -Oscar Wilde

Ahkileez
Member # 734

Adobe Illustrator 9.0, Cap'n [Smile]

I'd use 10, but this machine won't handle it.

I've used Macromedia Freehand for drawing before (the Shuriken-class Fighter I had up here some time ago was created with it). I find Illustrator easier to use. Freehand is more powerfu, in some areas, but Illustrator/Photoshop makes me a pretty faithful Adobe user.

-Ahkileez

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps