Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Early 24th century fleet

Author Topic: Early 24th century fleet
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just mucked around with some of the pics Soundeffect has taken of his model. It's a fleet-at-warp scene. I tried to keep them in the same rough era. That is supposing that they are all from the same era. I suppose an old Phoenix-type Nebbie could have been around then.

http://lobotomy.pleh.net/~flareupload/uploads/44/early24thcenturyfleeta.jpg

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually the fleet would be more characteristic of early to mid 24th century wouldn't it?

--------------------

Marc Xavier
Member # 1008

- posted      Profile for Marc Xavier     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice looking pic, dude. Refreshing to see actual models in an SFX shot.

--------------------
The Furry Conflict, Star Trek vs. Star Wars with a unique twist...

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very cool.

Nice that they all line up that way too. [Wink]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Thanks for the comments!

I was just looking at it again and I really think the Centaur is SUCH a good looking ship and design. Wish it was seen more often. Oh and the Curry doesn't scrub up too bad up against other ships of it's vintage. (I'm a bit iffy on the whole war-kitbashing idea now with reguards to A Time To Stand). I mean if they were THAT desparate - they'd bring out the Ambassadors and Springfields and New Orleans.

Andrew

--------------------

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Thanks for the comments!

I was just looking at it again and I really think the Centaur is SUCH a good looking ship and design. Wish it was seen more often. Oh and the Curry doesn't scrub up too bad up against other ships of it's vintage. (I'm a bit iffy on the whole war-kitbashing idea now with reguards to A Time To Stand). I mean if they were THAT desparate - they'd bring out the Ambassadors and Springfields and New Orleans.

Andrew

I agree with you on the Centaur - it looks to me like a kind of Excelsior-era Miranda. Its a shame everyone assumes it's a kitbash.

Is the Curry the one in the bottom right hand corner? It doesn't look too bad at all - the only problem is the bit of secondary hull sticking out the front - the rest is quite nice.

Also, on the kitbashing thing - perhaps they already had, and they were destroyed. I can't imagine them standing up against the Dominion for long. I also can't imagine SF mixing and matching ship parts without trying other things first - I shouldn't think the ships were particularly useful.

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah the Centaur and Curry don't look too bad cleaned up; actually, even the Medusa looks pretty good. Although my favourite of the DS9 kitbashes (and I'm not that keen on the shipbashing concept either) is still the Polaris.

Good work! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Andrew! Nicely done! They never looked so good! I'm just honored!

Keep up the great work!

I can't help using exclamation marks!!!

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try cutting back on the caffeine!

And maybe I will, too! [Wink]

And great work on that pic! Most excellent!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Why thanks!

I just did it for something to do on the week-end! [Smile]

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps