Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Request for some Insigina/Symbols/etc.

Author Topic: Request for some Insigina/Symbols/etc.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've tried Google's image search with little success. I'm looking for a few (preferably high resolution) pics of insignia, seals and whatnot:

- The "The Cage" United Earth insignia. The one with only the Americas on it. I vaguely remember seeing it in a Magazine issue?

- A hi-res version of the real-world United Nations seal. There must be something better than that small GIF they use on their webpages.

Of course, if anyone has CorelDRAW 10 compatible vector images available for sharing, that would save me a lot of trouble [Wink]

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://home.arcor.de/spike730/unitedearth.bmp

Good enough or do you need a higher resolution?

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Phoenix
Member # 966

- posted      Profile for Phoenix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.flags.net/elements/gif_flags/UNNA001.GIF

I don't know if that's any good...

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll see. Working with bitmaps in a vector program sucks, so I have to trace them with CorelTRACE. And to make that work, I need hi-res pictures. I think the UN flag is too small, but the UE seal might work.

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn, I know I used to have a good United Nations logo hanging around...

Harry, you should contact Masao, I'm almost positive he's got a good traced version already, that he made for his Earth-Romulan War starships.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best one I have is a vector clip art from CorelDraw. I can out put it in Adobe Illustrator, EPS, Freehand, etc. I can also output a large bitmap. It's not the greatest, but it's the best I have. If someone wants it, email me with their needed specs.

If someone were very ambitious, they could find an azimuthal equidistant projection centered on the north pole and draw their own logo. Like this:  -
There are even sites that will output such projections to your specifications: http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml

Or can someone in New York head down to the UN gift shop and buy something?

FYI: the UN emblem and flag are different!: http://www.un.org/depts/dhl/maplib/flag.html

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I doubt that it's 100% correct but here's a trace of the version that appeared in FJ Tech Manual.

UN Seal

At least it's of a fairly high resolution.

Oh and I might as well throw in the silver & blue version while I'm at it.
Shiny UN

[ May 11, 2003, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: Reverend ]

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amusing to see FJ get used for real-world stuff. What next, I wonder.

Time for TEH ANECDOTE, though. I spent a relatively boring pair of days sitting in the General Assembly Chamber with nothing to stare at but the assorted cool 50s-tastic shit on the walls. Dorkiest observation ever: the large UN seal over the podium fills in the Straight of Belle Isle, thus forevermore connecting Newfoundland to Labrador in the eyes of the world's dignitaries.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well if that logo posted is anything to go by - then Australia is a weird blob, Queensland has no Cape-York penninsular and there is a largish sea in the middle of the Simpson Desert. [Smile] Oh and Tasmania doesn't exist! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

The FJ emblem is NOT the UN emblem.

THIS is the real deal:
 -

--------------------

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What -- no representation for Antarctica?

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Global warming sucks.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Australia still looks like a wierd blob in that projection [Wink]

Let's start the "Include Antarctica in the UN seal" cause! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps