Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » The real USS Typo (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The real USS Typo
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thread I posted in the Starships forum reminded me of the USS Typo I did a while ago. So, I retrieved the image and added a more detailed top view:

The USS Typo was designed using all the latest technology developments from the ASDB (Abominable Starships Doomed to Break). It includes variable-plausability warp drive, gerbil-powered impulse engines, a fully integrated welcome mat, an ISO-9000 compliant main bridge, and paper-airplane warp nacelles. The ship is armed with a Nerf (TM) Master Blaster (not for sale in Canada). It was constructed by three chimps and a goldfish at the Umaeda Miss'tayk shipyards orbiting Berellia.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"We spent the entire summer resting up, looking for some vital link missing in the big picture. Bill said he had found it, but in fact he had lost it." - TMBG

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*LOL*

------------------
"Oh I keep her locked in the basement and give her a piece of raw meat every hour on the hour. And by raw meat I mean intercourse." *looks at clock* "That reminds me...."
-Nathan McFarlane, on the subject of his "Spanish immigrant girl"

RW
Member # 27

- posted      Profile for RW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

And where's the USS. The Geeks Won't Notice Anyway?

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean, the USS Brattain?

------------------
"We spent the entire summer resting up, looking for some vital link missing in the big picture. Bill said he had found it, but in fact he had lost it." - TMBG

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking the Jenol(i,e,a)n Frank.

What class is the Typo suppose to be? Mistake-class?

Hobbes

------------------
Got Trek?
Federation Starship Datalink

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited July 16, 1999).]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Probably. I wish I had the original post from the SFCR.

------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

And, as it turns out, I do! I guess I had it saved, thankfully. Anyway, the Typo is Et Cetera-class. I'll post the rest of the info later. Looks like I'll have to update the diagram to include the sunroof...

------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

OK, here's the updated description.

The Et Cetera-class USS Typo was built using all the latest technology developments from the ASDB (Abominable Starships Doomed to Break). Its design, finalised at Tantalus V, includes variable-plausability warp drive, gerbil-powered impulse engines, a fully integrated welcome mat, inverse-cosine shielding, an ISO-9000 compliant main bridge (with sunroof), and paper-airplane warp nacelles. The ship is armed with a Nerf (TM) Master Blaster (not for sale in Canada). It was constructed by seven chimps and a goldfish at the Wal-Mart Memorial Shipyards orbiting Berellia.

------------------

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny post!! It would not surprise me if I see an Akira with the name USS Typographical Error NCC-65549! But I hope that it would have a Type-6 shuttle named Berman so I can shoot at it. I've set my own Type-6 shuttlecraft Berman, from the Micro Machines collection, on fire to make it look like my USS Avenger ship fired upon it.

------------------
"Its origin and purpose, still a total mystery."

-Dedication Plaque quote from the U.S.S. Odyssey

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried collecting the Star Trek Micro Machines, but everywhere I looked had the same sets so I never got very far on my collection. I really wanted the Defiant and Voyager ones too. Did they make an Enterprise-E?

Hobbes

------------------
Got Trek?
Federation Starship Datalink

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but it's only available as bonus in a special large box. They also made the Ent-E Captain's Yacht, but that one is only available in a special Ent-E model box.

------------------
"Calm may work for Locutus of the Borg here,
but I'm freaked out, and I intend to stay that way!"

- Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't it with the Insurrection light-up Enterprise-E toy, not a model?

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Garak, that's true. I bought myself one, only to discover that there is only detail on the top of the toy, the bottom has no windows or escape pods. But I do like the Captain's Yacht(sp.) Cousteau. That's maybe the only reason I bought it. Oh, I decided to use my Berman shuttlecraft as part of my Wolf 359 graveyard fleet. It will be next to my "Borg damaged" USS Melbourne.

------------------
"Its origin and purpose, still a total mystery."

-Dedication Plaque quote from the U.S.S. Odyssey

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quick question...

WHICH dumbass at Micro Machines mistakenly stuck the name 'BERMAN' on the shuttle?!

------------------
"I am Sci-Fi"
-The 359

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One that got some significant side-cash one pay-day?

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps