Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » ISS Enterprise - movie-era appearance? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: ISS Enterprise - movie-era appearance?
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was part of the Terran Empire Sim Association for many years over on AOL. I built the specs for several ships & even built models of 1 or 2.

The ISS Tempest was on Starship Modeler for a while in an old, old Gallery probably since converted to CD by John Lester. It was a Sovereign painted in dark, dark metallics & greys & was fairly bristling with weaponry. I used battleship turrets (both tri-barreled main guns & smaller secondaries) with where cut into the hull & could rotate. I also used various gunship weapons & tank cannons. I also upped the torpedo tubes & the like. I also wrote the specs for Wraith & Omen.

No, I did not name the ships. But I DID choose the info for Wraith's dedication plaque, including the quote.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Jim NCC1701A
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for Jim NCC1701A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
to include Jim Leary's version previously seen in this thread
Famous at last [Smile] Thanx Griff.

quote:
However, in keeping with it being James Kirk's Enterprise, I'd keep it as a "Constitution" refit design, just slightly modified.
I agree, although to be honest I'd thought of John's C de L too. It's the ultimate for when you absolutely, positively have to destroy every last ship in the sector. Accept no substitutes. You could even argue that it's derived from a Connie with it's sec. hull - but that might be a bit of a stretch. Found some (sanctioned by John) artwork here http://www.scifi-meshes.com/gallery/data/501/4836_final_coeur_de_lion.jpg It's a bit too large to display here though.

IIRC, didn't Scotty make some comment in Mirror Mirror about the technology being not as advanced as the Federations? Or am I getting mixed up with one of the novels?

--------------------
It's life Jim, but not as we know it...

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take of the roll-bars and you have yourself an proto-Excelsior-study-model-four-naceller!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jim NCC1701A:
What would a movie-era version of the Mirror Universe's ISS Enterprise look like?

Definately loose the botanical section.

The botanical section could be a prisoner/convict/slave hold?

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Just reading the rest of the thread... I don't think there should be too much difference between the external appearance of the ships of the different universes... because The Enterprise was basically still the Enterprise... the internal structure/room usage might have been different but the ships were essentially the same.

I like that Couer De Leon SP? I reckon it would be perfect for a normal universe kitbash ship... It's a great idea. maybe loose one of the two roll bars... ALTHOUGH I like that idea of the roll-bar being underneath - something you can't do with the Normal Miranda because of the nacelles... opens a whole new idea for roll-bars! [Smile]

--------------------

Jim NCC1701A
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for Jim NCC1701A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Take of the roll-bars and you have yourself an proto-Excelsior-study-model-four-naceller!

Or a stretched one of these... (blatantly patting myself on the back [Big Grin] )
 -
Another of my cut-n-pastes - Enterprise saucer with a Starfury body. I did the top view, and Jim Stevenson did the front and sides (I didn't have those views of the Starfury). Personally I woulda made the nacelle pylons thinner and kept all 4 nacelles "right way up", but that's just me.
quote:
I don't think there should be too much difference between the external appearance of the ships of the different universes
Just change some of the details, ya reckon? Enough to show they're from different cultures / mindsets.

--------------------
It's life Jim, but not as we know it...

darkwing_duck1
Member # 790

- posted      Profile for darkwing_duck1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jim NCC1701A:
IIRC, didn't Scotty make some comment in Mirror Mirror about the technology being not as advanced as the Federations? Or am I getting mixed up with one of the novels? [/QB]

Must've come from a novel. In the episode "Mirror, Mirror", he said about the tech "mostly changes in instrumentation, nothing I can't handle".

Anyways, as for the possibilities offered in other posts, if you lost that third nacelle off of the Belisarius, then I think she'd make a creditable Connie Refit for the MU.

Captain39
Member # 1001

- posted      Profile for Captain39     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.shipschematics.net/ I love the Oberth being converted to a light destroyer. It's like looking at a really nice dressed middle school kid try to be a bully to high schoolers. I dunno maybe it's just the medication... [Wink]

--------------------
I can resist everything except temptation. -Oscar Wilde

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

That's a nice ship... but that ship with the two roll-bars has put the secondary hull sorta behind the primary hull - and made it in line - allowing the nacelles to start further back. Sorta like that study-model.

Andrew

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps