Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Need Tips to Fix a Broken Model! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Need Tips to Fix a Broken Model!
Styrofoaman
Member # 706

- posted      Profile for Styrofoaman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pour resin?

As in they melt it in an open container in an oven?!

Yikes.

How the hell do they prevent sink-marks and control shrinkage without a multi-stage pack-and-hold injection pressure profile control? How do they control the final sizing without a close-loop cooling system?

No, really. I find this quite intresting.

--------------------
Like A Bat Out Of Hell...

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The resins that most GK manufacturers I know of use are a two part resin. As to your other questions, I have no clue how to deal w/them, having never worked w/resin before myself. I have the intention to one day do so, as I've built a few pieces/parts that I'd rather not have to take the time to scratchbuild, but just never get around to it. I had one of the ACE Resin kits at one point, but we seem to have lost it during the move from New Mexico to Arkansas two years ago....
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Austin Powers:
quote:
I've had a nicely painted ERTL model of the Enterprise-E that I made about six or seven years ago.
Have I missed some time? The Ent-E has only been around for a little less than five years, the model for even fewer than that. [Confused]
The last time I checked, "Star Trek: First Contact" premiered in November of 1996. That's about seven years ago. [Razz]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Griffworks
Member # 1014

- posted      Profile for Griffworks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the more I think about it, the more I believe that the model kit came out about a year after the movie, which would put it at 1997. I'm pretty certain the kit didn't come out at the same time as the movie, but might be wrong.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps