Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » My dumb story.

Author Topic: My dumb story.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is on my "weblog."

And I thought I could link to it directly, but I guess not. So, it is here. Maybe if you are in a doctor's office, or stranded on the side of the road with nothing but a laptop and a wi-fi connection, it would be worth looking at. Comments welcome, particularly if you are Canadian, super-particularly if you live north of the Arctic Circle. I do not like the simile in the first sentence at all, and will soon change it.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Avast ye, landlubbers!

Good luck it be that today is International Talk Like A Pirate Day! Yarrrr!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"It was the mother of all ammaniq, an opening in the sea-ice. This one laid bare the whole of Northern Canada like a too-short skirt."

Nothing like northern hemispherical topography-cunt! Ha!

It seems to be the future, judging from...something. 2200?
Is Natar a native canadian? And he works border customs?
(good call, not naming him Frank Turner or Jack Blade or something)

Are you native canadian?

Anyway, I've heard precious little of Canada or the polar regions in sci-fi or thriller stories, this is fresh to me.

Is he using a powered delta-wing in this chapter? Or is it a Rocketeer-backpack? I couldn't quite tell.

I hope they are kind of alone out there, no going into cities and safety, just a once-a-month 'mail and provisions'-Catalina or something.
Hot coffee after drizzling morning patrol.
"Something has to be done about those Caribous eating our turnip crops. That's all we got, 'cept the grub HQ sends us."

Mmm...

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never even been to Canada, but I think polar regions are incredibly interesting places.

Natar (Ammaq is his last name, but I haven't gotten there yet) is Inuit, and a Canadian Ranger.

And finally, I was thinking of a bit more advanced version of this. Only without the fuselage. I'll have to make that clearer.

The twenty third century is way too far ahead for this story. I don't know when, exactly, it takes place; in the real world we've probably got until 2050 or thereabouts before the Arctic ice cap disappears in the summer. For reference, though, Natar's grandfather, who will probably show up later, would be alive right now, serving with Canadian Forces in Afghanistan.

TheWoozle
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for TheWoozle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked it, though I think the heavy metaphor slows it down alot.

--------------------
joH'a' 'oH wIj DevwI' jIH DIchDaq Hutlh pagh
(some days it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps in the morning)
The Woozle!

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Could you expand on that a bit?
Mountain Man
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Story shows promise Sol. Two Inuit National Guardsmen were found dead some years back. They had been killed in such a way that some military people believed that they may have stumbled onto a Soviet Speznats Intelligence gathering unit.(this was before the fall of the Soviet Union) If you like I'll try to find out some details for you. It might help in the story development.
IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sol,

WTF happened to your "Trial of the Female Changeling" story?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One could ask that about any number of stories Snay. [Smile]

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Echo.

http://flare.solareclipse.net/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=002295;p=3#000033

Sometimes I wonder if anyone can even see me.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this the story about you, the mexican hooker, the starter pistol and the ASPCA?
Cause, man, that was sick...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps