Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » A Decent NX-01 model

Author Topic: A Decent NX-01 model
Capt.Blair245
Member # 1113

- posted      Profile for Capt.Blair245     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dont ask me how but there really is a neat looking NX-01 model that I have just tseen and u won't belive where I found it. I was watching Crank Yankers one day and they were bashing all of Trek as if it were dominated by Fan boys.
Anyway, they had a model of the NX-01 with 3 nacelles: 2 in their regular places and the third one with a Norway/NX-01 Warp Nacelle Pylon mix right behind the bridge. It actually looks pretty kewl in my opinion, but then again I'm a newbie.

Blair

--------------------
Graffiti decorations/under a sky of dust/a constant wave of tension/on top of broken trust/the lessons that you taught me/I learned were never true
Now I find myself in question,
Guilty by association,

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crank Yankers is fantastic - is this a recent episode!?! Were they prank calling Trekkies? [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!]
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh god... a fanboy's NX-01 dreadnought kitbash? [Eek!]

I did recently see a listing for a decent resin NX-01 model (at 1:1400 scale) at Federation Models, but I'm pretty sure it's out of stock at the moment.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind having a nice NX-01 model to add to my collection some day -- a STANDARD model, mind you! Not one of those god-awful kitbashes you mentioned. It may be out of place for the 22nd century, but it's still a nice-looking ship...

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Capt.Blair245
Member # 1113

- posted      Profile for Capt.Blair245     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure if it was a recent episode but, they didn't prank call a Trekkie. They impersonated a Trekkie. Theyw ere calling this poor model sales person (skrew the innocent) by asking him all these stupid ass questions like "the warp intermix docking port doesn't seem to be calibrated enough" or "you are missing the phaser generator docking hatch on deck 12" The way I say it is cheesy but that episode was a real knee-slapper.

Blair

--------------------
Graffiti decorations/under a sky of dust/a constant wave of tension/on top of broken trust/the lessons that you taught me/I learned were never true
Now I find myself in question,
Guilty by association,

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Obviously, they knew way too much about "Star Trek" to be making fun of it and not be a target of ridicule themselves.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well a frequent 'prank' voice is that of Sarah Silverman... of Rain Robinson/Future's End fame
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Sarah Silverman: Was on Voyager once."

Like reading the Huge Nerd version of the IMDb.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was also this on Crank Yankers once. They called up some sex store. Rather disturbing magazine in the background...

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

LOL! That is a classic! I love their attention to detail on that show - i.e. having background characters that you can hear on the other end reacting to what the prankee is saying.

So what is disturbing there? "You Spooge; You Buy"? "The Original: Vagina on a Rope"? "Used Dildoes"? - oh Sex Trek [Wink]

LOL!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps