Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Romulan Cruiser

Author Topic: Romulan Cruiser
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This ship is based on a ship I saw in a comic series once. I thought it was kinda interesting. Only difference is the one in the comic was green...

Comments?

------------------
"Timeline? This is no time to argue about time. We don't have the time!"
*pause*
"Now what was I saying?"
-Counselor Troi, drunk on tequila, Star Trek: First Contact

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was from Tests of Courage, with Captain Sulu in the Excelsior and Captain Kirk right?

------------------
Game over man, game over! - Hudson(Aliens)

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whose courage is tested by whom? That of the Romulan crew by their ship designers?

Apart from the fact I don't like kitbashes, it is interesting to note the ship is obviously supposed to show the development from single-winged to Warbird-like designs.

------------------
"Since we know that the frames are 1/24 of a second, this means that the time delay between the two frames above is 0.83 seconds. If Alderaan was roughly Earth-like in size, then the first frame shows a superheated debris cloud roughly 17500 km wide, with large trails of debris that extend to a width of roughly 31000 km."
Mike Wong
Ex Astris Scientia

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was this the one I saw, I liked what I saw once in a comic book too, but I can't really remember it - it was basically the Romulan Battle Cruiser from "The Enterprise Incident" and the Romulan Bird of Prey from "The Balance of Terror"

Interesting.

I wonder if anyone could post a picture of this scanned in from the comic?

Andrew

------------------
"All is full of love, all around you" - Bj�rk

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm...., weird design.

I like the 'double classic Romulan Bird of Prey' better.

------------------
"Calm may work for Locutus of the Borg here,
but I'm freaked out, and I intend to stay that way!"

- Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it... Any top views?

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bernd, that was the name of the comic "Tests of Courage". I didn't make it up.

------------------
Game over man, game over! - Hudson(Aliens)

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it looks just like a D7 from the top, without the Klingon markings, of course. I'm pretty sure that's the comic. I think there's also a few torp launchers on that bottom part...

------------------
"Timeline? This is no time to argue about time. We don't have the time!"
*pause*
"Now what was I saying?"
-Counselor Troi, drunk on tequila, Star Trek: First Contact

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Give a front and top views would give me a better idea. However It's nice. And it is nice to see a non-federation ship for a change.

------------------
Right, cheers, thanks a lot-Patsy Stone "Ab-Fab"

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the top view comment was a joke since it's obviously a D7 from the top, but a front/back view could be nice.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
can ANYONE scan in the comic picture?? I've wanted to see it for ages - what comic was it from, I could swear it was in "Ashes of Eden" maybe not - or was it in another of those 'book comics'

Andrew

I think I might scan in some of the starships I have seen in the FEW comics i do have - (about 4)

I know there is a VERY cool, TOS version of the Miranda class.

------------------
"All is full of love, all around you" - Bj�rk

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Mimics Garak on his first encouter with root beer)
IT'S VILE!!

I don't like this one little bit, but that's only my opinion. It looks like it would fall apart straight out of the penal spacedock from whence it came.

*Lies down, and stops steaming*

------------------
Nice place to live now son
Where ya gonna run?
Understand where we're coming from;
Put down the gun.

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhh...I remember reading that one in a bookstore one day. That looks pretty close to the design, from what I can remember from my notes. That design was in a few more comic books too.

------------------

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, also, I read that book about 5 years ago, and when I went to the bookstore a month ago, all of the ones I read then were still there. Pretty sad.

------------------

Graboid
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The kitbash image above really doesn't do the actual ship justice. I've seen the comic where this ship appeared and it was very cool.

It was much more of a transition between the D7 and the Warbird.

IP: Logged

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps