Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Series ?: Episode 4x19, "Loose Ends"

Author Topic: Series ?: Episode 4x19, "Loose Ends"
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Star Trek: Series ?

Episode 97: Loose Ends

Deep in space, a gigantic energy cloud lurked in the darkness. Travelling through the seemingly endless 70's special effects, we see what is inside the cloud... V'Ger!

Inside a large room on V'Ger, several familiar characters were holding a summit...

Elim Garak stood before the others. "Three years ago, we were released from our respective timelines by a temporal shockwave! But our plotline has been shoved aside in favor of incredibly stupid plotlines like the search for the Plah D'Viz and the Vaad War!"

Dr. Pulaski interrupted. "But isn't the temporal fugitive plotline also incredibly stupid?"

"Let me tell you a story, Dr. Pulaski. I was once King of England and married to Seven of Nine. I won the lottery and invented the cotton gin."

"You never did any of those things!"

"Okay, you caught me. I was actually King of Canada. Yeah, that's the ticket..."

It was Hogan's turn to interrupt. "Is there a point to all of this?"

"No, actually, there isn't. Anyway, now is the time to strike, before the series ends! Luckily, we have been allowed to use V'Ger as a base of operations."

V'Ger/Ilia stood up. "We seek the Creator, who created V'Ger, who seeks the Creator, who created V'Ger, who..."

Everyone shouted, "SHUT UP!" V'Ger/Ilia sat back down.

Pulaski scowled. "In this universe, I was only on the show for one season, until that stupid Dr. Crusher returned and booted me out! Everyone in this universe will pay for this indignity!"

Hogan seconded that. "Yeah, I got eaten by a giant snake in this universe! How stupid is that?"

Garak added, "I was never All-Powerful Ruler of the Universe in this universe!"

"You weren't All-Powerful Ruler of the Universe in your own universe either!"

"You don't know that!"

"We seek the Creator, who..."

"SHUT UP!"

"Captain's Log: We have doubled our efforts to find the evil crew of the evil Excelsior, as their subspace drive may be our only hope of rescuing the Earth from subspace."

Captain Braxton stood so close to the main viewscreen that his nose was touching it. Kes walked up to him. "Sir, what are you doing?"

"We need to find the Excelsior, so I'm watching the viewscreen so I don't miss them!"

"That's what we have sensors for, sir."

"What if the sensors aren't working?"

"They are working. Besides, that can't be good for your eyes."

Braxton whirled around to face Kes. "My eyes are perfectly fine! But why are you so blurry?"

"Go down to Sickbay, sir."

"But..."

"I'll watch the viewscreen."

"Fine. I'll be back soon."

About a minute after Braxton left the bridge, Kes noticed something on the viewscreen. "Hey, what's that?"

Dax checked the sensors. "It's a cloud of some sort."

"It doesn't look like any cloud I've ever seen."

"That's because it's composed of seemingly endless 70's special effects."

Everyone cringed. Sulu said, "You know, I ran into something like that once. It was called V'Ger. Almost destroyed the Earth. Not a good thing."

Ducane responded, "But V'Ger evolved into a new entity, so that can't be V'Ger... Can it?"

A few minutes later, the Relativity senior staff assembled, with Admiral Picard on a small viewscreen. Picard frowned. "We've analyzed the sensor data you sent us. That is indeed V'Ger."

Braxton asked, "How can that be?"

"Of the top of my head, I'd say that V'Ger is one of the temporal fugitives that you should have stopped years ago, but didn't!"

"We've kind of had other things to deal with, sir."

"It's called multitasking, Braxton! Anyway, you've got to stop V'Ger! You're the only ship in the area!"

"How can that be?"

"When I found out something dangerous was near you, I ordered every ship around away so that you'd have to deal with it! Heh heh heh, I'm so clever... Picard out."

The senior staff returned to the bridge. Braxton pointed at the giant cloud, which now took up most of the main viewscreen. "Take us in."

The Relativity moved into the cloud. The viewscreen showed psychadelic special effect after psychadelic special effect, on and on and on...

Yar rubbed her eyes. "When are these endless 70's special effects going to end?"

Braxton smirked. "My vision's still blurred from earlier, so they're not bothing me any..."

After what seemed like an eternity, the Relativity emerged from the special effects next to V'Ger. Sulu nodded. "Yeah, that's V'Ger alright. But how are we going to deal with something that massive?"

"That's easy. We'll just do what you did last time."

"Get the guy from 7th Heaven to flip a switch?"

"Exactly!"

"We can't do that. He's on a rival network."

"Rats! What's Plan B?"

"Run away like scared little children."

"Works for me!"

Before they could run away like scared little children, the viewscreen switched to a view of Garak, Pulaski, Hogan, and V'Ger/Ilia.

Garak spoke. "Greetings! I am Martha Stewart!"

Braxton whispered to Ducane, "I didn't know Martha Stewart was a Cardassian. Or male."

Ducane whispered back, "That's Elim Garak, sir. He was known for spinning lies."

Braxton turned back to Garak. "You're not Martha Stewart!"

"Very perceptive, Captain Braxton! I see that fooling you will not be easy..."

Braxton was already distracted by a blinking light. After a few seconds of everyone staring at him, Braxton came to his senses. "Right, whatever."

"Anyway, we are the remaining temporal fugitives released from alternate universes by the temporal shockwave. We have joined forces to have our revenge on you for defeating all the other temporal fugitives. And with the power of V'Ger at our disposal, we shall be triumphant!"

In the background, V'Ger/Ilia started up with "We seek the Creator..."

Everybody shouted, "Shut up!"

And with that, the viewscreen went back to showing V'Ger's exterior.

Yar asked, "How are we going to defeat V'Ger, sir? Not even our advanced 29th Century weapons will be able to defeat something that powerful and huge."

Ducane thought for a second, and then shouted, "To the temporal transporter!"

A few minutes later, at the temporal transporter, Ducane gave Damar a set of temporal coordinates. "Can you do it?"

"Sure, but what's this guy going to do?"

"Trust me, he can help us..."

Damar worked the temporal transporter and a man appeared in a blue flash on the transporter pad. The man looked around. "Where the heck am I?"

Ducane stepped forward. "Actually, you're in the 29th Century. We need your help."

"Me? What can I do?"

"Well, you're Robert Wise, aren't you?"

"Yeah..."

"We need you to release a Super Duper Director's Cut of Star Trek: The Motion Picture. A cut that has all V'Ger scenes deleted."

"But won't that ruin the plot?"

"What plot? It was just endless 70's special effects!"

"Point taken. Very well."

And with that, Robert Wise vanished in another flash of blue light.

Back on the bridge, V'Ger was hailed and the temporal fugitives appeared onscreen. Garak smirked, "Are you ready to be destroyed?"

Ducane whipped out a copy of the Super Duper Director's Cut of Star Trek: The Motion Picture. "Not so fast! With all scenes of V'Ger cut from this version, V'Ger doesn't exist anymore!"

Garak scoffed. "That won't work! There's always the original version!"

"You've got to be joking. When's the last time you've seen the original Star Wars movies shown on TV? Or on sale? That would be never. Bye bye!"

And with that, V'Ger vanished.

Braxton pointed at Garak, Pulaski, and Hogan, who were now floating out in space. "Now that V'Ger's gone, use that chronometric thingy to send them back to their timelines."

Out in space, Garak, Pulaski, and Hogan were very unhappy. Garak shouted, "If I had my zombie army here, things would be different!"

Before Pulaski or Hogan could say that Garak didn't have a zombie army (or mention that they shouldn't be able to survive in space), they got sucked back into their own timelines...

The countdown to the final episode continues...

THE ENTIRE GALAXY

IS ON THE VERGE OF ARMAGEDDON

SO WHAT DO OUR HEROES DO?

TAKE A BREAK, OF COURSE.

EPISODE 98: THE EPISODE OF NO RETURN

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See? I said all these DVD re-releases were evil.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but since when did getting rid of Pulaski and cutting short the endless psychedelic special effects of TMP become a bad thing? If there was no V'Ger, then maybe the super-duper director's cut of TMP might've actually been GOOD! [Big Grin]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm, explains a bit.

quote:
Anyway, you've got to stop V'Ger! You're the only ship in the area!"

"How can that be?"

"When I found out something dangerous was near you, I ordered every ship around away so that you'd have to deal with it! Heh heh heh, I'm so clever... Picard out."

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a list of the last few episodes:

4x20: The Episode of No Return
4x21: The Final Excelsior Battle (Really), Part I
4x22: The Final Excelsior Battle (Really), Part II
4x23: Recap IV: The Recap Home
4x24: The Road to Hell (Part 1 of 3)
4x25: Hell on Earth (Part 2 of 3)
4x26: Tempus Fugit (Part 3 of 3)

It will probably be a while between "The Episode of No Return" and "The Final Excelsior Battle (Really), Part I." This is because I plan to have all six final episodes written before posting any of them. When they're done, I'll probably release them all quickly (like one a day).

"Tempus Fugit" has already been written, since I've known exactly how the show had to end for quite some time. I think it might very well be the best episode of the show ever. (Yeah, I know writers say that all the time, but I really mean it! Really!)

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey hey, wait a minute, Krenim! You need to have one more season! You've got to have an episode called "Recap V: The Final Recap"! [Big Grin]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It'll be a really sad day when this series ends!

I have always enjoyed the show to the fullest. By far the best Trek comedy show in the universe!

Can't wait to read the final episodes...

:-))

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Krenim:
Damar worked the temporal transporter and a man appeared in a blue flash on the transporter pad. The man looked around. "Where the heck am I?"

Ducane stepped forward. "Actually, you're in the 29th Century. We need your help."

"Me? What can I do?"

"Well, you're Robert Wise, aren't you?"

"Yeah..."

Okay, this has got to be the most deus-ex-machina-ey deus-ex-machina you've written in a Series ? episode, ever. [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps