Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » A couple more Wolf 359 Ships

Author Topic: A couple more Wolf 359 Ships
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've updated a couple of the other Wolf 359 ships to add to the recent Niagara and Freedom adjustments.

Challenger Class
 -

New Orleans Class
 -

-

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Top stuff.

Perhaps those ramscoops are a bit too dark?

Have you found any mildly pleasing angles for that weird Challenger config yet [Wink] ?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New Orleans rocks my world. What inspired what you did to the aft end fo the secondary hull?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmmm... tricked out dual launcher New Orleans ass....

Very cool.

(right click > save as desktop)

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
..Did you base the Challenger Class secondary hull on my interpretation of the filming model, or had you come to the same conclusion I had? I was wondering if there was any other information out there. When you're building a model, and you only have basically a silhouette to go on, you have to be creative with the shapes available.

Great CG work there! How about an underside shot of the New Orleans?!

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anybody know where I can find a good rendering of the Federation Battleship from Starfleet Command? I like that thing.

Or maybe the Federation Dreadnought? I like that thing too.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Jack_Crusher
Member # 696

- posted      Profile for Jack_Crusher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great stuff as always, Admiral.

--------------------
Fry- How will we get out of this?
George Takei's head- Maybe we can use some kind of auto-destruct code like one-A, two-B, three-C...
(Bender's head blows up)
Bender- Now everybody knows!
-Futurama's obligatory Star Trek episode

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to say to you Soundeffect, that your excellent model of the the Buran did help me resolve a couple of creative problems in resolving the difficult configuration of this ship. I had originally based this mesh on this model photo:
 -

I used it, your model images, and this drawing by Chris Spinnler to bolt this ship together. But the biggest problem stemmed from how the precise configuration of the seconday hull worked - it was difficult to make out from the one available angle.

Harry:said "Have you found any mildly pleasing angles for that weird Challenger config yet?"

I've got another render of the underside -hence revealing my final solution- waiting to upload, unfortunately I have (for some reason) got no ftp access today. I'm waiting for a response from my host's technical support department.

There is an available image of the underside of the New Orleans, but this is an old one (I haven't yet completed the rebuilding phase for the ventral side).

Da_bang80, yes I have a model of the Dreadnought, as seen here.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

The ASDB

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Da_bang80 meant the Ulysses and Missouri class starships [Smile]

Regarding your models, I find it little strange that their colors are so dark.

Other than that, I think it's simply flawless work. [Smile]

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

quote:
I think Da_bang80 meant the Ulysses and Missouri class starships
I know nothing of these, but he did also express an interest in the Federation Dreadnought, which I could help him with.

Thanks Jack, and Kazeite. I don't favour bright ambient lighting in a space scene. Space is dark. But I will be doing some 5-view orthographical presentation images of these ships, which will display clear lighting and full detail.

--------------------

The ASDB

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps