Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » A Miranda model contest! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A Miranda model contest!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Over at StarshipModeler.com we're having a little contest called "The Daughter of Prospero Challenge" and the competition is fierce so I thought I'd share my entries:
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=3157362&uid=657989

THe deal is, we all have to use the same 2500th scale stock Miranda to build from. That model's slightly longer a business card, so the challenge is in the detail.
Entries can be made as a stock version, canon-variant or custom variant.

So far, from Flare, Griffworks, myself and Soundeffect are all in.
Soundeffect is building the saratoga Variant. Griff is building the Reliant Prototype (nacelles up, torp launchers down. no rollbar) and I've entered two stock, the Bozeman and I have two custom variants in progress (the USS Loftus for one).

Heres a link to the other six or seven entries so far:
http://www.starshipmodeler.net/cgi-bin/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=31

Your thoughts?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice idea - not just for this ship - but others.
However, some of us hate multiple links - too much of a headache finding the pics.
Could you post them here?

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be over two dozen photos so far.

My link (top) is to all of my submissions and the second is to the contest forum.

Skillwise, I'm amazed by John Payne's damaged Majestic and Andyth's Lantree (with aztecing, for Shrist's sake!).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holy freaking hell!!! Wow.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Any design in particular you're liking?
Or just "Wow! those are tiny ships!" ?

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

WizArtist
Member # 1095

- posted      Profile for WizArtist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about a shuttlepod in the same scale? [Big Grin]

--------------------
I am the Anti-Abaddon.
I build models at a scale of 2500/1

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

I actually have a open shuttlebay on two of my ships: one (my Olympic variant)has a type 7 inside and the other (a Galaxy) has a Runabout exiting.
Someone over at SSM built a Defiant in that scale and added a Chaffe leaving the ship.
That's small. [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Captain Bob
Member # 1182

- posted      Profile for Captain Bob     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting info here Jason! [Big Grin]

To add a tid-bit of pretty-much useless information about 2500 shuttles; a Workbee in 1:2500 is 1.6 millimeters. I've got three on my little repair ship's shuttle pad, with fully lit interiors!

((joke))

You guys say; HAHAHAHAHA!!!

My entry is the USS Antrim. She's a vessel of the Mitchell Paige class combat recovery starship. More info here.

Anyone of you want to join in?

--------------------
Nessus- "Antimatter can Disintegrate a General Products hull entirely."
Louis- "I did not know that."
Nessus- "It is not widely advertised."

--Ringworld, Larry Niven

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i challenge someone to use the preproduction 'upside down' variant with two torpedo outboards that i ended up calling
Avenger:
 -

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
He has served in every office on the ship but Captain's woman
Um. I don't think "Captain's woman" is an actual department ...

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it is on my ship. more crewwomen serve there than any other department

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

quote:
Originally posted by Capped in Mic:
i challenge someone to use the preproduction 'upside down' variant with two torpedo outboards that i ended up calling
Avenger:
 -

Griffworks is halfway finished with that version for the contest. [Wink]
I'm build a version with two fullsized Miranda torp lainchers in place of the rollbar phasers. [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jason I just realized... you're naming one Miranda Class after the actor who play Jake Sisko. Why not name another Miranda Class after Cynthia Nixon who plays Miranda Hobbes in Sex and the City?

Also, does anyone know of a good model builder that can paint my 1/1400 Nova Class from Starcrafts? I'm too busy to do that now.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Actually, that's amisprint: It should read "USS Loftus".
That's Soundeffect's real name: it's kind of a gag.
As a challenge to him, he has to build a Saratoga variant in that scale and he's calling it the "USS Caldwell"- my legal last name.
I'm also building a Miranda with two torp launchers named after Sondeffect's girlfreind: she outguns him two to one, you see...

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys are really fascinating... [Wink]

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps