Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Intrepid 3D (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Intrepid 3D
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats a whole lot easier said than done at this point...and really the least of my worries, they are just there for show for the time being. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not the entire nacelle, just the aft cap. If you turn the whole nacelle 90 degrees, the blue glow will be on top and bottom, which wouldn't be right.

It's looking really good. I had the same problem locating the impulse engines, and there's nothing definitive in the screencaps available. However, if you look at the cgi model from side and top and aft views, there is only one place they can be: along the outermost edges of the saucer. At first I understood them to be on the center hull module where the pylons come together at the warp field stabilizer, but that was wrong.

Question: How did you decide on scale for your Intrepid? I started by using the NX-01 saucer, and paring it down. That's how I arrived at a length of 180 meters.

Later.

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have it scaled at 165m, I think - and that is based entirely on the scaled pieces of the Enterprise. That is, there is a subprogram in MilkShape that allows you to scale your models. I scaled the NX at 225 or whatever its length is, and all the parts were scaled accordingly. So as I moved the parts around they remained to scale and would recalculate the length as they were fitted into place and at last check it was 165m.

I did downscale the saucer 10% and increased the diameter of the nacelles by 30% just to give them the big bulky feel the CGI/screencap gives it. I will have to see about moving the caps on the nacelles and for now, I sort of have the impulse where the 'cobra hood' of the saucer attaches to the neck of the hull. I'm sure as soon as I can splurge for a new monitor I will be able to get a better grasp on the available screencaps to get a better feel for what I am doing.

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looking very good. Keep going!
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Irishman:
Not the entire nacelle, just the aft cap. If you turn the whole nacelle 90 degrees, the blue glow will be on top and bottom, which wouldn't be right.Later.

Didn't I edit that? Sorry - yes just the end cap.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
quote:
Originally posted by Irishman:
Not the entire nacelle, just the aft cap. If you turn the whole nacelle 90 degrees, the blue glow will be on top and bottom, which wouldn't be right.Later.

Didn't I edit that? Sorry - yes just the end cap.
Okay, fixed the end caps - working on smoothing over the neck/hull and the damned dimples on the saucer left over from removing the pylons originally on the Enterprise.

-

Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Futurama Guy,

I happened across shots of an Intrepid mesh created by Mikew over at www.sci-fimeshes.com. He has called it done, basically because so little of the details can be inferred from the screencaps, and released the mesh for texturing.

Here are four shots of his Intrepid:

http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Irishman/MikewInt1.jpg
http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Irishman/MikewInt2.jpg
http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Irishman/MikewInt3.jpg
http://img27.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Irishman/MikewInt4.jpg

I hope that they may give you some inspiration.

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Hey thanks - not bad. [Smile]

But I can't help but to notice, ironically, that the rear nacelle caps need some help. [Razz]

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps