Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Tachyon detection grid (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Tachyon detection grid
Masaki
Member # 1030

- posted      Profile for Masaki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is my flash animation(Flash 7) of the tachyon detection grid which appears in TNG "Redemption, Part II".

Tachyon network

I reproduced the period until three Romulan warbirds appears with the photon torpedoes from the Sutherland and withdraw, after one ship broke away, the network collapsed completely and all federation ships retreated to gamma eridon.

Moreover, since the ship "USS Ahwahnee" lost in the battle of wolf 359 in the fleet, I put constellation class USS Valkyrie without the ship's name into the tactical display replacing.

[Wink]

--------------------
"There are no three warp-engined or single warp-engined ships in Starfleet!".
(Gene Roddenberry)
Starship Class

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's pretty sweet!

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes indeed. Although:

- What's the problem with the Ahwahnee being the sole survivor of Wolf 359 and showing up here? (We know there was a survivor and the Encyclopedia's pegging of the Endeavour as this ship is merely an oversight.)

- It's Tian Nan Men and Merrimac. These are the spellings that were consistently used in all displays seen in the show.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even Okuda admitted that the Ahwahnee's number used on the display was an error and was supposed to be the original number on the model... so it's his belief that the Ahwahnee here is the same Ahwahnee from BOBW.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Masaki
Member # 1030

- posted      Profile for Masaki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
Yes indeed. Although:

- What's the problem with the Ahwahnee being the sole survivor of Wolf 359 and showing up here? (We know there was a survivor and the Encyclopedia's pegging of the Endeavour as this ship is merely an oversight.)

Though the Ahwahnee has survived at the wolf 359, none of other ships is the Constellation class ship among the tachyon network fleet.

I decided that it was better to exchange Cheyenne class the Ahwahnee which has four nacelle like the Constellation class starship.

quote:
- It's Tian Nan Men and Merrimac. These are the spellings that were consistently used in all displays seen in the show.
Spelling of "Tian Nan Men" and "Merrimac" was changed into the notation of the encyclopedia. [Razz]

--------------------
"There are no three warp-engined or single warp-engined ships in Starfleet!".
(Gene Roddenberry)
Starship Class

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Constellation was the U.S.S. Hathaway NCC-2593 (the registry is visible in the episode) and the names being retconned in the Encyclopedia really should not take precedence over the canonical ones.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Even Okuda admitted that the Ahwahnee's number used on the display was an error and was supposed to be the original number on the model..."

Although, really, the latter was never visible on screen, while the former was, so, if one wanted to be strictly canonical...

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why did the Goddard leave?

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't have to switch out the Ahwahnee for the Valkyrie/Hathaway. True, there is no Constellation Class in the Detection Grid schematic we saw on the show, but then again, there were only 17 ships in the grid animation but at least two dialogue references in the episode tell us there were actually 23 starships that were part of the blockade. Maybe some were advanced scouts or some were a dragnet held back away from the other 17?

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"Even Okuda admitted that the Ahwahnee's number used on the display was an error and was supposed to be the original number on the model..."

Although, really, the latter was never visible on screen, while the former was, so, if one wanted to be strictly canonical...

For some strange reason I hadn't really thought of it that way TSN, but you're right. Of course, by that reasoning, the Prometheus (as I have always said) should indeed be NX-59650 and not NX-74913...

--------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I can't help but think that the Goddard should have more ties to tehe network than it does...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wasn't it supposed to be the Excalibur, Riker's ship, that was falling back for repairs?

Very sweet indeed, though! [Cool]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually I recall counting from the Romulan display something like 23 (or more than 17, anyway) Starfleet emblems on their tactical display. Regardless the numbers did keep changing and did seem rather inconsistant at times.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

SoundEffect
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for SoundEffect     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think in the script Picard tells Riker the "...Excalibur will fall back with engine problems."

--------------------
Stephen L.
-Maritime Science Fiction Modelers-

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Of course, by that reasoning, the Prometheus (as I have always said) should indeed be NX-59650 and not NX-74913..."

Actually, I believe both numbers showed up on screen.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps