Hope you guys will enjoy it.

------------------
The SCIFI-ART.COM website:
http://www.scifi-art.com

IP: Logged
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a question, how many shuttebays are there on the Ambassador Class Enterprise-C? From what the studio model looked liked, it had only one. Then I see the Yamguchi/Zhukov model sporting not one, not two, but three! Am I just seeing things???

------------------
"Its origin and purpose, still a total mystery."

-Dedication Plaque quote from the U.S.S. Odyssey

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These renderings shame the actual studio model. Fantastic work. Unlike the AMT model, also the engineering hull top is correct. Only one detail: The bridge of the E-C is not surrounded by full-size lifeboats, but by smaller beige rectangles (whatever they are supposed to be). I could be wrong, but the Bussard collectors might stick out a bit too much.

The Yamaguchi has three shuttlebays (one underneath the engineering hull), the E-C only two. I'm planning to put up a page about the two variants and their 7 major differences.

Tachy: Maybe you could do the Yamaguchi as well?

------------------
"Since we know that the frames are 1/24 of a second, this means that the time delay between the two frames above is 0.83 seconds. If Alderaan was roughly Earth-like in size, then the first frame shows a superheated debris cloud roughly 17500 km wide, with large trails of debris that extend to a width of roughly 31000 km."
Mike Wong
Ex Astris Scientia

Tachy
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good idea.

------------------
The SCIFI-ART.COM website:
http://www.scifi-art.com

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent work, Tachy. I just hope you'll post here more often in the future...

------------------
"The Fabrux will never relent"
-Elim Garak

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited August 09, 1999).]

Pedro
Ex-Member

Yep, we'll be doing the Yamaguchi as well (though I think I like the Zukhov name better ).

I was under the same impression about the lifeboats around the bridge until I got the Trek Mechanics book, but it turns out that they were changed when the model was modified. The original had normal lifeboats on the lower bridge section (deck 3?), and smaller boats around the actual bridge dome. These were all replaced with small boats when the model was refit. Here's a pic:

http://www.shiporama.org/junk/1701-c16.jpg

I'm still trying to sort out all the tiny details that were changed, there are quite a few more than I originally thought.

Pedro
Ex-Member

Almost forgot the Zuhkov pic...

http://www.shiporama.org/junk/zukhov.jpg

Pedro
Ex-Member

Oh, and as to the shuttlebays, I'm fairly sure there are two, the one at the aft of the ship, and a smaller one at the back of the bridge module. Where do you see a third?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IIRC, it's an Excelsior bay that they stuck upside-down onto the underside (directly beneath the regular aft shuttlebay.

Oh, BTW, Make sure you spell it "Zhukov" on the real thing, okay? :-)

And, on the top view of the mesh, what's w/ the nacelles, at the front, right where they meet the Bussards? You've got some kind of little dip in them that I don't see on the pic of the model.

Oh, and one other thing... Yeah! Go blue impulse engines! Woo-hoo! *L*

------------------
"I have a shotgun, a shovel, and five acres behind the house. Do not trifle with me."
-from Baloo's cousins' endless supplies of e-mail jokes

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're right about the lifeboats, Pedro. I had a brief look at a close image of the bridge with the the big lifeboats, and I thought it was the Yamaguchi. So your model is 100% perfect.

I don't like the name Zhukov, and the number is debatable, but it's your ship...

------------------
"The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank!" (Scotty, TOS: "A Taste of Armageddon")
Ex Astris Scientia

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, a USS Typo-A. The model of the Zhukov says USS Zuhkov NCC-62136. On page 575 of the second Encyclopedia a diagram of the Zhukov, the name is spelled correctly, but is given the same registry as the model. The starship chart on page 476 says NCC-26136, which is repeated on page 10. Since most Ambassador-class ship start with 26, with only a few lower, the 62 number is unlikely and probably a mistake.

Hobbes

------------------
Got Trek?
Federation Starship Datalink

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's already a SWDAO. Apparently one Okudagram used the 26 number but another used the 62...

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
"I received an emotional letter of complaint after a strip in which Dilbert used the expression 'jeepers cripes.' The writer chastised me for using the Lord's name in vain. I can only pray that the almightly Gosh will not darn me to heck for offending his son, Jeepers." - Scott Adams

Pedro
Ex-Member

Oh, OK, you mean the shuttlebay on the refit model, gotcha. (though I don't think it's quite the same as the Excelsior shuttlebay, it's quite similar).

TSN: You're right about the bussards, they don't quite fit properly...I guess I need to fix that (it ain't easy getting a round bussard to fit on a square nacelle!). There are probably a few other innacuracies, I'd give it a 95%.

I'd probably use Yamaguchi, but it makes me think of figure skating, which I can't deal with (and it's easy enough to make different registries after the fact). And I'll spell it the way it's spelled on the model, as many of you know, I'm funny that way (just like the blue impulse engine ).

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it just me, or does that shuttlebay look a little bit too narrow at the back?

------------------
"If I get lost, I'll just follow the ship infront of us."-Ensign Nog

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

Black Knight: The shuttlebay looks perfect to me. If you're thinking of the AMT Ambassador, they got the engineering hull too wide for the E-C while it's correct for the Tamagotchi (for Pedro ).

------------------
"The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank!" (Scotty, TOS: "A Taste of Armageddon")
Ex Astris Scientia

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps