Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » New Shannon McRandle website (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Shannon McRandle website
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys may remember that a year or so ago, I started running Star Wars celeb, Shannon McRandle's website. Well, it's been awhile and I'm sick of the look, so I decided it was time to do something new with it. Have a look at what I've got so far and let me know what you think.

www.shannonmcrandle.com/version2

I've made lots of improvements to the code and the organization of the site. It'll be easier to update, definitely, and I think a little more user friendly. Not all of the text is up yet and not all of the links work, but most do.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is she nekkid in any pics?

'Cause, I think that would be cool. [Big Grin]

Oh...nice web design: I dig the muted colors for a model's site (more memorable than the black background).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black backgrounds were so 90's. [Smile] Which would be funny but for the fact that I did it in 2002...

And no, she isn't. Close, but no.

Pervert.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Homerspeak] Hmm... tables. [/Homer]

Kidding. Very clean and concise for a site that's almost exclusively HTML on a style sheet. And the pastel colors are friendly on the ol' eyeballs too. Me am upbeat.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd throw one in it.

The site!

Spoogetml!

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You wouldn't throw one in Aban? He's dead sexy. Or so Liam tells me.

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd rub one off to Aban.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay Aban! Anymore starships in the works?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Throw/rub what off? A grenade?
This is a side of anglosaxicanian speak I have yet to grasp. [Confused]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
His... err... torpedo. Well you did ask! [Smile]

--------------------

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Well, this conversation has taken a turn I didn't expect...

I'm glad you guys like the site. For the record, all I know is html. So pretty much every site I make is gonna be html on a stylesheet [Smile] I've picked up a snipet of java that I throw in here and there too. Close window. Window size. Email subject. Stuff like that.

Sadly, I still have no new ships in progress. I'm dealing with massive amounts of stress having to do with finishing a freelance job. Tonight will be the last night though. I'm staying up as long as I have to to get the damned thing finished. Feel free to call and wake my butt up.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Is that the ship you previewed in the other thread... with the 'ball' fore-section?

Show us the finished product! (If you are allowed).

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
I'm glad you guys like the site. For the record, all I know is html. So pretty much every site I make is gonna be html on a stylesheet [Smile] I've picked up a snipet of java that I throw in here and there too. Close window. Window size. Email subject. Stuff like that.

Be grateful of that. Really, (X)HTML and CSS is all you'll ever need for a good site. Only use Javascript, Flash, Java or whatever when it is absolutely positively necessary.

Despite my personal obsession with web standards, this site looks good to me. It definitely looks professional.

There's just one error in the CSS. It should be "color: #ed9a21".

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Thanks Harry. I'm sure that stacking tables on tables isn't the best way to do it, and I try to keep nested tables to a minimum, but it seems to work ok.

As for the CSS error, I created the stylesheet in Dreamweaver. I set the text color in the index file and the interior page template file and simply left the text color blank in the stylesheets. Then, of course, I set the rollover color in the stylesheet. Should I add the text color selection to the stylesheet as well?

I'll post some of the pieces in a little bit. I need to scan them and FedEx them out this morning. I'm not really very happy with the one that has the ball-head ship in it. It was a job that needed to be done and didn't get my all time best effort. But hey... I'll post some of the pieces. The first four are better than the last three.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

Well, I finished the site and put it up yesterday. I made a few changes and additions. Most notably, there is now a downloads sections. I've only got one desktop up at the moment, but I wanted to add the section before I put the site up.

http://www.shannonmcrandle.com

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps