Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Timo's starship guide update (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Timo's starship guide update
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd certainly be willing to help with making proper 2D schematics of D:Own's, or upgrading SFC designs.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHAT! [Eek!]

You mean to tell me that I printed the whole bloody lot off and now you're gonna add the pictures! FUCK!

Of course work paid for all the paper and ink - why not? The fuckers don't pay me enough, my boss was out for the week and I had nothing to do (as usual) . . . so I helped myself. Tricky thing was getting all those papers and plastic wallets out of the workplace, but I managed it! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Guess I'll have to redo the whole lot when the pics are added!

I'm bad! HEHE! [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, knowing that it's always been a work-in-progress for Timo and that he updates occasionally, it's never a wise decision to print out the whole thing until he says it's complete and will never be updated again.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

akb1979
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dat:
Well, knowing that it's always been a work-in-progress for Timo and that he updates occasionally, it's never a wise decision to print out the whole thing until he says it's complete and will never be updated again.

[Razz]
Smartarse!
[Razz] [Razz] :D [Wink]

--------------------

aneurysm
Member # 906

- posted      Profile for aneurysm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That definately needs publishing.

I did noticea couple of mistakes though. For the sovereign Class, the registry you give for the USS Bismarck is the same registry as the scoutship from Insurrection. And you have two Chimera Class vessels with the same registry. One was the Firebrand, I cant remember the name of the other right now.

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Firebrand is a Freedom class, isn't it? Any mistakes in the Chimera entry are my fault anyway. I'll have a look at it.
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oops, the Firedrake and the Minerva do share a registry. It's up to Wraith to decide which should be changed.

The Bismarck rego I sort of picked out of thin air, knowing that there had to be a 227 reference there because it was an Eaves ship. But of course it cannot be 75227, doh! (Unless the scout was an auxiliary on detached duty from the Bismarck...) Sorry about that.

Thanks for the proofreading, and keep up the good work!

Timo Saloniemi

aneurysm
Member # 906

- posted      Profile for aneurysm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry I meant Firedrake, accidently typed Firebrand instead. I was obviously too concerned with proof reading your work to proof read my post (there's a couple of typos there too!).

I'm enjoying slowly wading through it, if I pick up any other mistakes I'll let you know. Brilliant work so far though, it will certainly be well worth picking up when you have added some images.

It would be criminal not to publish it. You have obviously spent so much time and effort on it that it deserves as wide an audience as possible (and dare I say, a little bit of money for your efforts).

akb1979
Member # 557

quote:
Originally posted by aneurysm:
It would be criminal not to publish it. You have obviously spent so much time and effort on it that it deserves as wide an audience as possible (and dare I say, a little bit of money for your efforts).

I agree - publish this and I'll definately buy a copy from Amazon.co.uk! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. Because we all know how EASY it is to publish a Star Trek book.

Actually.. how does that work? Pocket Books obviously has the Star Trek monopoly (via Simon & Schuster and Viacom) in the US, but how does that work abroad?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Oops, the Firedrake and the Minerva do share a registry. It's up to Wraith to decide which should be changed.

Well, I mentioned the Minerva twice so you can chage the Firedrake. I don't mind what reg you give her.
machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
Yes. Because we all know how EASY it is to publish a Star Trek book.

Actually.. how does that work? Pocket Books obviously has the Star Trek monopoly (via Simon & Schuster and Viacom) in the US, but how does that work abroad?

Well, I've seen at least one book published in Spain dedicated to the series, which didn't seem to have any kind of "approval" from Paramount... can't remember the title right now, though. It's likely it was one of these, but the bookstore where I saw it a couple of years ago is no more... It may have been the one titled "Star Trek: 30 A�os de Aventuras", if I remember the cover right.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, there are plenty of books about Star Trek published by fans and others. I mean, if you want to publish an "official" guide, the answer is you can't, for all practically purposes, but that hasn't stopped people from doing it unofficially. There's a whole subculture of such works, as is frequently mentioned around here. The majority of fandom has migrated to the internet these days, I suppose. Personally, I think that seems like a better place for something like this, as I would imagine Timo will be tweaking it for some time to come.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm....making it a PDF file that gets loose online would probably be the easiest way to reach all the hardcore fans that would really cherish it as the Holy Grail anyway.
Hmmm....a PDF could be added to by anyone as well.
Mabye you could make a LCARS template in Word or Pagemaker for us to add additional info and non-canon ship specs.

I'm dreaming here, I know. [Smile]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps