Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » USS Brattain bridge plan (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: USS Brattain bridge plan
Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, the screencap posted recently on the bridge screencap collection thread does not show a circular door or hatch. It does appear circular but both the top and bottom are flattend out.

And I don't think the Promellian battlecruiser model was used in "The Neutral Zone". IIRC, the only new models from that episode were the Romulan warbird and the cryostasis units... the Birdseye, according to Okuda.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know, it look circular like the hatch that was shown in ST: First Contact. I actually meant the Constitution Class that was in the holodeck recreation of the drafting room in Utopia Planitia.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a Silver Constitution Class in Picard's Readyroom in The Battle as well, probably the Stargazer before they re-dubbed it as a Constillation
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, but was it the one with the nacelles glued to its sides such as the one in Booby Trap?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, I didn't see a screencap of the Brittain in the other thread. If there is, can someone repost it here? Thanks.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/469/brattain1
http://flareupload.pleh.net/uploads/469/brattain2

I've got more, but for the most part we're gonna have to wait for TABASCO. [Smile]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the hatch on the T-kovsky was called an "emergency hatch", which would seem to be different from an airlock. Probably a last ditch means of escape for the bridge crew if they were cut off from the rest of the ship. Grab an EVA suit from a storage locker, blow the hatch, and go for a walk.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If so, it'd be the only one - I dunno why they'd have an emergency feature linked directly to the bridge. Even the Sovereign bridge airlock is beyond a normal door.

MARK

--------------------

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

I think it has the same set up as the Sovereign airlock but a shorter corridor.

--------------------

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since I'm back from holidays, I might as well finish this beastie... although all that remains are cosmetic changes now... Not that I claim that this is the only true Brattain bridge plan [Smile]

-

Regarding those alcoves... as far as I can tell there are no doors and no displays in there. Only those two colums that remind me replicators.

(And guys... I really really really would like to make those seamless panoramas for the Tabasco project. Really. [Smile]

So, if you have individual pictures, send them to me (kazeite(insert you_know_what here)lexx.eu.org))

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

I hang my head in shame for not catchign this. Kaz, none of my screencaps are complete enough for a panorama... We'd have to recap one of two possible shots that can do that.

Mark

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps