Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Gentlemen, Behold!

Author Topic: Gentlemen, Behold!
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally got a scanner. Now, I can't draw on the computer to save my life, but I'm not too bad at drawing by hand. So, I finally got around to designing the Relativity-H from Series ?.

Relativity-H

Yeah, it looks like the Defiant. It's meant to. I mathematically hybridized the Defiant (weighted 2/3) and the Wells (weighted 1/3) to come up with the basic design, which was kinda fun since I haven't been able to use my math skills for anything Trek-related since my Voyager-distance calculations. The nose is a bit pointier than the Defiant's, the front is more elongated, the nacelles are swept back some, and back is squattier (not even sure if that's a word... [Wink] )

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*tilts head to the side* Hey, I can see a face!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Paladin181
Member # 833

- posted      Profile for Paladin181     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ITS A TIKI GOD!!
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice. Very "Spaceflight Chronology"-ish (try saying that out loud).

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
*tilts head to the side* Hey, I can see a face!

quote:
Originally posted by Paladin181:
ITS A TIKI GOD!!

*Tilts head to side*

I'll be darned. It does look like a Tiki, doesn't it? I guess I didn't see it because I only drew half the ship, scanned it, and then flipped it for the other half. Most of the face is functional, though. The "mouth" is the bridge, the "eyes" are the temporal drive (or at least what is presumed to be the temporal drive from the Wells class), and the "ears" are the hyperwarp nacelles.

One thing I want to mention about the nacelles: You'll notice a somewhat elongated 29th Century Starfleet insignia on the sides of them (you can only see half from the top). These glow blue like the sides of some other Starfleet nacelles. I don't know if that sort of effect has ever been done on another ship, as I'm not a big ship guy, but it seemed to me that might be a nice touch.

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Neutrino 123
Member # 1327

- posted      Profile for Neutrino 123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehe. I can see two faces. [Smile]

--------------------
Neutrino 123 (pronounced Neutrino One-Two-Three)

Neutrino 123
Member # 1327

- posted      Profile for Neutrino 123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Make that three...

--------------------
Neutrino 123 (pronounced Neutrino One-Two-Three)

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps