Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » The Zetans

Author Topic: The Zetans
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are the Zetans, you may ask? Well, the Zetans are a species created by yours truly. The correct pronunciation of Zetan is ZAE-tin. The Zetans are very similar to humans. They have the same overall appearance, only the average height of a zetan male is 6'. Typical Zetan features include blond hair and black eyes. The Zetan Dynasty was founded in earth year 2041 and has been in power since then. A Zetan uniform consists of black trousers, a black shirt that has a departmental color band on the right arm, and the left side of the uniform from the shoulder over is the opposite of the other side (A diagram will be posted soon). The Dynasty is ruled by a Sovereign, who controls most of the goings-on. The home system of the Dynasty is the Ra'min System, also known as the Zeta System, named after the capital planet. The system consists of 1 star and 12 planets. The Dynasty is currently in associate membership with the United Federation of Planets, which means that although the are members, they can do whatever they want, save wage full-scale war on the Federation or it's allies. The Zetans joined the fight against the Dominion shortly after the Breen joined [the Dominion], as they share borders with the Breen Confederacy and weren't exactly getting along well.

If there are any more questions, please post them!

------------------
The easy way to tell the difference between Canadians and Americans is they sound they make when they walk. Americans are silent, however Canadians go "chink chink, chink chink"

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited August 15, 1999).]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, two suggestions... One, don't name your aliens and planets after Greek letters. That's usually a little unbelieveable. Also, don't you think it's a little strange that humans are one of few species who actually very from person to person in things such as skin/hair/eye color?

Other than that, it sounds fine...

------------------
"Now you're the only one here who can tell me if it's true,
That you love me, and I love me..."
-They Might Be Giants, "Kiss Me, Son of God"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May I remind everyone of the multitude of humans in Star Wars? If Lucas can do it, why can't I? Anyways, the name originally came from a game, where there was a Zeta Aquilae System. An early draft of the Ra'min System was the Zeta Aquilae system. The Zeta Aquilae System had 2 stars and the inhabitants were called Zetans. I then changed it to one star, renamed all the planets and such. The name Zetans stuck, I guess. I lot easier to say than Ra'minars or whatever.

------------------
The easy way to tell the difference between Canadians and Americans is they sound they make when they walk. Americans are silent, however Canadians go "chink chink, chink chink"

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited August 15, 1999).]

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's generally assumed that all the humans in the SW galaxy are actually humans.

------------------
Consolidated Artichoke

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fabrux: What I was saying is that, in Trek, humans vary as much as they do on Earth. Other races, however, all tend to look alike. Vulcans/Romulans are all dark-haired (all have the same haircut, too), Bolians are all blue (except that one, which was probably not even intentional), etc. Saying that an entire race all have the same hair/eye color seems a little unrealistic.

And, if your name came from "Zeta Aquilae", then, like I said, it's from a letter of the Greek alphabet. It'll get a little confusing when the races from Zeta Aquilae, Zeta Orionis, Zeta Andromedae, etc. are all called "Zetan"...

------------------
"Now you're the only one here who can tell me if it's true,
That you love me, and I love me..."
-They Might Be Giants, "Kiss Me, Son of God"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Well, I'm saying generally their hair is blond and their eyes are black. There are variations, but blond/black is the most common.

As for the name, "eh"

------------------

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay! Go, Zetans, go!

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That reminds me of a song. ("Go, go, Zetans, go!")

------------------
Consolidated Artichoke

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's... a song?

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

No, but it's almost a lyric from one.

------------------
Consolidated Artichoke

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't worry, the Zetans won't win. They'll be hindered by their cloven feet.

------------------
"Hey Mr. Boo, fly away home. Your house is so lovely, your children so nice."
--
Hello (The Band)

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps