Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Baton Rouge-class (and variants) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Baton Rouge-class (and variants)
Marauth
Member # 1320

- posted      Profile for Marauth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Roddenberry Rules were only made out of spite because Franz Joseph didn't want to work with him during the movies - very mature Mr Roddenberry.

Edit: very nic schematics Harry, I've seen the ones on your site too but was wondering if you plan to finish the schematics of the different Constitutions, I saw the pics in that Constitution challenge thread a bit down, very nice.

--------------------
Garbled, confusing and quite frankly duller than an inflight magazine produced by Air Belgium.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm half working on the Connie schematics. I now also have schematics of the Potemkin in a 2290s paint job, like in SoTSF. I wanted to write a general "Heavy Cruiser" article for my site, stumbled on the Ashanti-class, and then on Timo's suggestion that the Ashanti is a Baton Rouge variant, which got me here.

Speaking of which,HERE are the Ashanti and Lafayette classes. The Lafayette is a slightly upgraded Baton Rouge, and the basis for the Nordenskj�ld survey variant.

The Ashanti is roughly based on the Tactical Database USS Moscow. It also has TOS-era markings and the new greenish colour.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lafayette looks like it should have a trail of little ducklings trailing behind it.

The Ashanti is pretty cool though.
I've never been a fan of that "neck:" on a starship.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Marauth
Member # 1320

- posted      Profile for Marauth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, the Ashanti actually makes that ship look, good, sort of... Though the starfleet pendant on the neck looks a bit out of place, it's usually on the midline of the sec hulls on fed ships is it not?

Anyway, I look forward to the heavy cruiser article, and the Potemkin, will it be similar to the SOTSF Achernar? That was also a TMP variant of the TOS Connie I think.

--------------------
Garbled, confusing and quite frankly duller than an inflight magazine produced by Air Belgium.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Marauth:
Anyway, I look forward to the heavy cruiser article, and the Potemkin, will it be similar to the SOTSF Achernar? That was also a TMP variant of the TOS Connie I think.

Don't hold your breath though. Knowing myself, it'll probably end up being yet another unfinished page on my harddisk [Smile]

The Potemkin is a "The Cage"-style Enterprise in TMP-livery, with some minor changes. The Achernar is based on FJ's Constitution schematics.

Marauth
Member # 1320

The first version of the Achernar is just FJ's rather ugly schematics I know; but there's a refit of it before the Endeavour that gives it TMP markings and a built in glowy deflector ala the Enterprise class.

--------------------

aridas
Member # 1051

- posted      Profile for aridas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Timo:
It could be seen as a natural "career move" for an aging type. By the time of the supposed "printing" of the recognition chart, the basic class is more than sixty years old. A special purpose variant could feature all sorts of unaesthetic add-ons, like bulbous radomes for special sensors, much like happens to real world aircraft and ships.

There are only two Nordenskj�lds in service, according to the chart, right? And not even with sequential registries. Smells very much like a special "sensor picket" modification of an otherwise retired type to me...

Timo Saloniemi

Timois very perceptive, given all he had to go on was a silhouette. Nordenskjold was supposed to be one of two heavily adapted, modified starships. One from the original Baton Rouge class, and one from a later, slightly different class. By the time of that chart they have evolved into one similar configuration, and have been so heavily altered from their original forms as to be reclassed.

It was supposed to look somewhat awkward, to strongly imply that kind of jury-rigged, evolved and adapted history.

--------------------
Feeling nostalgic for that old time Trek religion? Visit the Federation Reference Series online!

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

And besides, it's very difficult not to make the Baton Rouge look awkard.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps