Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » New keyboard (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New keyboard
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I seem to remember seeing an ad for something like that years ago. Keyboards that were fully reconfigurable for games and what not.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Captain39
Member # 1001

- posted      Profile for Captain39     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

--------------------
I can resist everything except temptation. -Oscar Wilde

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh... okay.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keyboards should not be used for any game ever. Apart from FPSs. And some others. There is that device that I can't remember the name who's job it is to be a keyboard replacement, but I can't remember anything more about it. I shouldn't have bought it up. Sorry.

quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes:
All I know if cleaning out my keyboard is a pain in the ass. I have to unscrew everything, take out all the circuit panels and try to get shit that falls between the keys. Whereas with this, I could clean it in seconds.

Do you chop wood over your keyboard or something? Unscrewing everything to clean it is the physical equivalent of formatting your hard drive and reinstalling Windows to reset your resolution.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Topher:
They seem to do just fine in Trek...

Trek is, frankly, a bit silly in regards to this. Unless there's something going on that we can't see (or feel, or whatever), I really can't see how they can sit at those keyboards typing without actually looking at them. Your fingers would end up all over the place.

(And yes, I do remember Tuvok's "tactile interface on" command in Year of Hell, which only serves to reinforce the notion that there usually isn't a tactile interface.)

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why do you always have to quote months-old, erh, quotes whenever somebody revives a dead thread? Eh? EH?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Because my point was not heard the first time. Damnit.

--------------------

Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
clearly, sighted Starfleet officers have magic powers
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps