Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Question for Reverend, Masao and Harry

Author Topic: Question for Reverend, Masao and Harry
Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guys,

What RGB values do you use for when you're drawing and shading TOS-era ships? I very much appreciate any help

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you mean the green/grey hull colour then the RGB value is R-176 G-191 B-189. Or if you perfer HTML: #b0bfbd.
For the shading, it depends on what you want to achieve (light, shade, midtone) but a basic "Starfleet Green" to white gradient is a good place to start.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the same base color as I use. I usually have the lightest highlight at about 5% of the base color and 95% white and go almost to black for the deepest shadows.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My base color is something like R-192 G-198 B-198. It's very close to what Rev and Masao use (especially to a red-green colorblind person like me [Razz] ).

I usually just start out with greys, and then add one click of 'Ocean Green' (in CorelDRAW) to the entire gradient (except white components; they stay white).

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys!

Harry, I have the same problem, which is why I don't feel comfortable incorporating more than spot colors in my illustrations.

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps