Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Pointer Class Final shaded views

Author Topic: Pointer Class Final shaded views
Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First there was Rick Sternbach's rapidograph drawing he made of the Pointer Class in the 22nd century section of the Spaceflight Chronology.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/Irishman/Originalpointer.gif

I decided to take a stab at fleshing out this design. Some of you have followed it as I went.

I hope Masao can post my redesign here later tonight.

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ta daah!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/Masao/pointershadedfinal.gif

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dont know....the original sketch has a lot more detail.

(kidding! It's great, -as always)

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
um... wow?
[Eek!]

Irishman
Member # 1188

- posted      Profile for Irishman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL..ok...slow day I guess

--------------------
This is just fun...it's not life...keep this in mind and we'll all enjoy it much more

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting busier. Bye bye, current Guide description of the Pointer. Welcome, the new and *vastly improved* Pointer...

Timo Saloniemi

Irishman
Member # 1188

Timo,

Wow. I don't know what to say, man. I think your Guide is a seminal work. So much effort and you've made it work. If you think my Pointer is that good, I'm honored.

--------------------

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome work Irishman. [Big Grin] I really like your attention to detail and all the detail that you have added makes it a quite credible ship. [Wink] Have you considered making the uprated version with the nacelles on the wings to show the difference based on the class history?
Irishman
Member # 1188

Sarvek,

I am running into a bit of a roadblock with that. It was always my plan to do it, but I've realized that it's not just a simple matter of moving the same nacelles out to the end of the wings, there's also the uprated M/ARA core, and reducing the size of the torpedo magazines, there's some serious rethinking to do here. I'm also working on the Iceland class Flying Wing, the ENT "Mystery Intro Ship", as well as a new design for Charlie X's freighter, the Antares, so you can imagine how my attention is divided.

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps