Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » (UP3) Cheyenne Declassified!

Author Topic: (UP3) Cheyenne Declassified!
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No actual write-up seems to have ever been completed for the Cheyenne, but TSN did complete two pictures of it.

Available pictures: (1) (2)

--------------------
"Kirito? I killed a thing and now it says I have XPs! Is that bad? Am I dying?"

-Asuna, Episode 2, Sword Art Online Abridged

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, I coulda swore I did a writeup for the Cheyenne...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, here we go. Dredged up from 5 years ago... Mind you I think I later scrapped this and left it open for someone else to do.

Cheyenne Class

The Cheyenne class starship development project was started in 2347 after Starfleet requested a replacement of the aging Constellation class, and a class to complement the New Orleans class, which was currently under development. The problem of the Constellation's enormous energy requirements were addressed, and it was decided that the warp nacelles currently being used on the New Orleans class would alleviate this problem in the larger Cheyenne class. After initial testing, it was discovered that the Cheyenne class consumed more energy than the Constellation class. The project was put on hiatus until a power consumption medium could be reached.

To solve the energy consumption problem, a new type of nacelle was developed. It was specially designed for the Cheyenne class, and it tested out perfectly. At impulse speed the ship was maneuverable, and it was as efficient at warp speeds as the New Orleans.

After the testing stages were complete, the U.S.S. Cheyenne was put in active service and production for 20 more hulls was authorized. The Cheyenne class still remains in service today as a long range scout.

Timeline

2347: The Cheyenne class development class is started at Utopia Planitia

2349: Construction is started on the spaceframe

2351: Warp drive and computer cores arrive to be fitted into spaceframe

2351: Speed trials are performed on the spaceframe of the Cheyenne

2352: Hull skin is applied

2354: U.S.S. Cheyenne leaves drydock on impulse power for low power tests on all systems

2355: Nacelle pylon structures are found to be faulty. Cheyenne returns to drydock to be fitted with new pylons

2356: Warp nacelles are found as the cause to poor fuel consumption. A new design of nacelle is fitted

2357: New nacelle is heralded a success. U.S.S. Cheyenne leaves Terran System for shakedown

2359: U.S.S. Cheyenne is commissioned. Work begins on hull no. 51203

2364: U.S.S. Ahwahnee is launched

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Manticore
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Manticore     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Call me wierd, but I always did like the Cheyenne. Kudos on the good drawing.

--------------------
Fell deeds await. Now for Wrath... Now for Ruin... and a Red Dawn...
-Theoden, TTT

Lord Vorkosigan does not always get what he wants!

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the Cheyenne too, but I don't see it as a replacement for the Constellation. The large shuttlebays on the Constellation suggest to me an entirely different mission profile.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the Chyenne would have been designed long after the Constellation's "replacment" (whatever that might be) was in service.

Possibly as a rapid-response design for protecting colonies from raids along the border with the Cardassians, Tholians, Tzenkethi and the Tofu men of the Vegan Empire.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love conjecture on highlighters on a kitbash. Nice work

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps