Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Future ship design

Author Topic: Future ship design
Lobo
Member # 669

- posted      Profile for Lobo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,
it'me...again...
I read the future of starships thread and I played around with Corel Draw and made this "future" starship:
 -
 -
It's not final
What do you think so far?

So and here I have made a size comparsion of all starships I ever made with Core Draw:
http://www.directupload.net/images/050330/AO3htRci.jpg (Filesize is 114 Kb)

Lobo

--------------------
"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die..."

Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like a ray fish. I like.

Maybe the nose comes out too flat. But I see it's intended to be a very large ship, so I guess it�s fine.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I kind of like it, though I'm not at all sure about the swooping curve of the front part.
David Sands
Member # 132

- posted      Profile for David Sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very interesting Lobo. It's like the Federation's answer to the Romulan Bird of Prey. I'm inclined to agree with Sol. I would reduce it just a tad. If the deflector dish is going to be on the front end, it kind of makes the engineering hull (really, an engineering stud) unnecessary unless you need to segregate the warp drive for a technical reason. I would make the curve somewhere in between what you have now and the flat ventral line of the ship in the linked pic you had that's right below this design.

Regardless of our advice one way or the other, I hope you decide to make a dorsal view. I'd like to see the shape from all three dimensions.

--------------------
"Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Tao to survivial or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed."

"...attaining one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the pinnacle of excellence. Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence."

-Sun Tzu, The Art of War, 6th century B.C.E.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matches the "starfleet dragster" look that designs have tended toward in recent years.

Nice rendering but not my bag.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the newer, meaner, sleeker ship designs. But this one sorta looks a little too much like a cartoony Dauntless NX-01A
machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's it called, Aardvark Class? [Wink]

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps