Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Name these starships!

Author Topic: Name these starships!
Laz1701
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are a couple of designs I did a while back which I've never included on my site. The first is supposed to be an Ambassador contemporary, the second a Constitution II contemporary. If anyone wants to give them names and stats, go right ahead.

----------

The Starship Encyclopedia

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited August 29, 1999).]

IP: Logged
Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It ain't there .

------------------
"If you're at a a concert and somebody steps on your foot, let it slide. Its not worth getting 20 years because somebody smuged your puma."-Chris Rock

Laz1701
Ex-Member

Yeah, I noticed. Let me try again.

[images edited out]

----------

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited August 29, 1999).]

Laz1701
Ex-Member

I don't know why they won't show up. I used the correct html. Anyway, here are links to them:

Ship #1

Ship #2

----------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, there's no closing quotation mark after the URLs.

I would call the first ship "Ambassador-class" and the second "Constitution-class."

------------------
Frank's Supernifty Page

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, like Frank has mentioned, they do look a little like the Ambassador and Constitution II classes, but they differ enough to be different classes... Although the Constitution II contemporary looks as though it could be a Constitution subclass...

------------------
All hands, brace for impact!
WHAM!!

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, that C-II w/ the funky nacelles might be different enough to... well, to constitute... a new class. But the only thing I see different about that Ambassador is it's Galaxy-class pylons, which isn't all that big of a change...

------------------
"There's someone in my head, but it's not me..."
-Pink Floyd, "Brain Damage"

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't you people see the differences between the first unknown ship and the Ambassador? Maybe if I post them side by side you'll be able to see...

Can you see the differences now? They hardly look anything alike...

------------------
All hands, brace for impact!
WHAM!!

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited January 15, 2000).]

Laz1701
Ex-Member

Thanks, Fabrux. My "Unknown #1" is sleeker than the Ambassador and has a different saucer. It was actually my original design for the Renaissance, but then I found out the Renaissance is an Ambassador with the engines mounted parallel to the secondary hull, so I abandoned this design.

----------

Laz1701
Ex-Member

Here's Unknown #2 and the Constitution II side-by-side:

Unknown #2's saucer is also different, not just the engines. It's an intermediate step between the original Constitution saucer and the refit saucer. The engine comes from the Endeavor class. Contemporaries of this class would be the Endeavor and Tikopai.

----------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I'll grant that ship #1 and the Ambassador look different, but I was originally chalking that up to the simple quality of the diagrams. I didn't realize it was intentional.

And there is no design for the Renaissance yet. It can look however you damned well please. :-)

------------------
"There's someone in my head, but it's not me..."
-Pink Floyd, "Brain Damage"

Laz1701
Ex-Member

Well, no official design, but I thought the generally accepted unofficial design is the one from the comic books, which is also featured at the Starship Schematics web site, and which looks like this:

----------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I call the first on the I-Chaya class

------------------
"All is full of love, all around you" - Bj�rk

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the Ambassadorish design. It looks much like Probert's concept sketch. I guess it's supposed to be smaller, though. Since I wasn't fond of the Ambassador kitbash as Renaissance class, I created a new schematic:
http://www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/asdb/designs.htm

------------------
"The best diplomat I know is a fully activated phaser bank!" (Scotty, TOS: "A Taste of Armageddon")
Ex Astris Scientia

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps