Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » FASA-derived images/pins request... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: FASA-derived images/pins request...
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Additional:

I found some of those division logos in the three books that comprise FASA's original Star Trek RPG box set, and am doing my best to diddle the contrast. As these are clearly-drawn and a good six inches high, it ought to be easier to work with them once I get them enhanced, traced, and scanned.

And incidentally, there's one logo that seems to have not gotten made into a pin -- Starfleet Academy.

I am going to be at an event this weekend, and cleaning these up will help keep me occupied. I hope to be able to post them next Wednesday.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by newark:
I am puzzled. What is the difference between a Department of Military and a Department of Marines? Wouldn't it be more logical for there to exist a single department? If I read this right, this case would be analogous to having our United States Marines having their own department, while the rest of the armed forces are headquartered in the Defense Department.

I feel like responding to this directly, to make sure my point in the post-before-last was clear...

Starfleet Headquarters is analagous to the Department of the Navy. As the DotN has commands for the various fleets and directorship of the Naval Academy(ies), so too does SFHQ. And just like the DotN has further subdivisions for ship design and construction, undersea warfare, the USMC, Naval Intelligence, JAG, and so on, so too does SFHQ oversee the Starfleet Corps of Engineers, the SFMC, Starfleet Intelligence, etc.

There has thus far been very little to suggest that the Federation has any other military forces, so Starfleet would seem to roll Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Coast Guard, and NASA all together. Some things overlap (like the role of Army and Marine soldiers, in the broader sense, or the use of small [air]craft for reconnaisance, attack, or defense), while some things have no analogues in the other services.

Wow... I wonder what a true joint service would look like and how well it would work...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps