Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » TNG set layout (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: TNG set layout
AllansFirebird
Member # 1331

- posted      Profile for AllansFirebird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw a set layout from TNG that I think came from a fan published tech manual here a while ago. But the layout looked like it was inaccurate because the dimensions of Stage 9 wouldn't have allowed for the size...anyway, does someone have an image of the way the TNG set actually was layed out?

--------------------
I will put this as succinctly as possible -- get me the hell out of here!

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about, but a diagram of TNG's set layout on Stage 9 (main engineering, corridors, etc.) is posted in this earlier thread from a year ago. The layout picture itself was provided by MrNeutron and can be found here.
AllansFirebird
Member # 1331

- posted      Profile for AllansFirebird     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the image I was talking about. If you look at it, the size of the corridor would have never fit in Stage 9.

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this is a picture of a PROPOSED set layout, and not the one they ended up with... In the show, the corridor never extended beyond a third or a half circle at most, ending with the cargo bay / holodeck doors at the other side.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

AllansFirebird
Member # 1331

After some research, I've drawn out what the set probably looked like (at least in season 3 or so):

http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/4808/tnglayoutactual3bx.jpg

Please tell me what you think!

--------------------

omi
Member # 1695

- posted      Profile for omi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what's the rooms next to the infirmary and transporter room? the blank ones?

--------------------
Graphic, design, concepts, starsihp intrior's layouts, font, wallpapers, DVD covers and more ... browse ST Projects.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dance studio and dungeon/gimp quarters.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

z4g0
Member # 1796

- posted      Profile for z4g0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi!
is a lot of time that I try to put down the floor plan of TNG sets, using the VHS before, and 'star trek TNG interactive technical manual' after (this contain some fake thing).
I see also ur draw, AllansFirebird, and is very similar to mine [Wink]

-

there are also two mistery:
1) in the left/bottom side called 'emissary' there are a very rare corridor, appeared in 'Emissary' and 'Where Silence Has Lease' in two different view.
2) the science lab, sure it is found between trasporter room and sickbay office... but I have still not understood the interior disposition & details. is always 'bad' showed, except in 'Home Soil' and 'the game' (in two difference configurations maybe.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do the different colours represent?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

z4g0
Member # 1796

- posted      Profile for z4g0     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
colors have not so importance (in Work in progress, now there are almost-random colours)... anyway, the brown lines are the 'yellow' wall, orange lines are the doors (not fully done).
the red lines are the 'misterius' wall.

whe "W.I.P" are the work in progress area (that I already have in a simply version on papers, but i must put down some details on PC)

the grey areas/lines are OR on-floor object and fornitures, OR, ceil detail (like collums, archs etc...)

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
What do the different colours represent?

Most likely this was done in a CAD program. Each color would have a different line weight defined by the pen table. On screen the colors help differentiate objects but when printed you get a black & white "blueprint" with varying thicknesses of lines.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

omi
Member # 1695

- posted      Profile for omi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
very interesting, nice job.

I suppose the bridge was on another stage?

--------------------
Graphic, design, concepts, starsihp intrior's layouts, font, wallpapers, DVD covers and more ... browse ST Projects.

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup. This set was on stage 9, and bridge, 10-Forward and Conference room were on stage 8.

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

z4g0
Member # 1796

Hi!
I have updated the floorplan.
Still a mysterious area: anyone have an idea?
 -
I also put down some W.I.P plans of rare room's sets (that i think are built in stage 9 (probably in the 'mysterious area')
 -

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Data's lab was a redress of the NCC-1701A/Ent-D Battle Bridge set.

What about the location of Picard, Crusher or Riker's quarters? Another stage, perhaps?

You could post this over on www.trekbbs.com. Michael Okuda, one of the TNG designers, frequents that DB and answers fan questions.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps