Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Enterprise E model completed! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Enterprise E model completed!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah- I plan on squaring it a bit though so it's not an exact match, but I like that bridge design (from the outside at least).

I may extend the A-Deck aft in a sort of Excelsior homage.
There is currently a lot of unused space on the top of the blocky (Prommie-esque) B-C superstructure just now.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've cheated and scanned the Enterprise so you can actually see the details now.
The joy of modeling in 2500th scale is that most ships for on a flatbed scanner.

Opinions?

Also, for Aban, I've scanned several small starfleet classes in my fleet, including the requested USS Pluto (damn that silly Luna class naming convention anyhow).

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! I once had an idea for a special ops, S31 sort of ship that was just a Galaxy class secondary hull, no saucer, and no ability to connect to a saucer...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
droool... so... sweet. I like the Pluto and the one next to her.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

The lil' stubby second cousin to the Defiant is a model someone sent me for critique.
All the details on it were made by me via styrene and decals- the original is pretty sparce.

A while back (for SSM's Red Planet Contest), I built that large Utopia Planetia R&D station and it's home to all Starfleet's "one off" prototypes that never quite made it into production.

That ship (as well as the tiny "greyhound" courier in the bottom left and a few others I'm finishing off right now- including a re-build of an old scratchbuilt Defiant prototype that everyone here hated....) comprise an active testing fleet for new technologies and (occasionally) act as defense force for the U.P. shipyards.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Topher, I have this great backstory on the USS Griffin (the Galaxy with no saucer) where the captain parked the ship in a bad part of the spiral arm and when they beamed back up, someone had jacked the suacer....

Really, I had plnned on using some nifty battle damage decals and some applied weathering to make the ship a bit beat up but after I had built and decaled it, I couldn't bring myself to bang it up (besides, it would be the only damaged ship in my fleet!), so mabye the captain ordered his XO, in the suacer to collect all those lifeboats we see when the allies get their asses handed to them by the Dominion. [Big Grin]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps