Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » A little music, anyone?

Author Topic: A little music, anyone?
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this qualifies as Creativity. Just thought you guys might be mildly interested in hearing a few of my songs that I finally got around to putting on the internet.

I have at least twenty others that I haven't recorded yet, but I can only post a maximum of four at a time on MySpace. These aren't the ones I really consider my best or anything, just the ones that I had on hand to upload. All three are original compositions.

I recorded them all with Adobe Audition 1.0 as single tracks, singing and playing guitar (and, on "Quiet," harmonica). They're really pretty rough; I only added preliminary reverb effects and such. (I'm new to Audition, so it's a trial-and-error process.) What I really need to do for tracks like "Dr. Shaw" is find a band to play with.

Yeah. Right.

Enjoy!
-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few words about the songs:

-- "Quiet" is one that I had floating around in my head for a long time, but only recently finished and recorded. It's kind of a downer, I know, but I'm prone to melancholy, so what can I say?

-- "Dr. Shaw" is about a psychiatrist of whom I once made the acquaintance. If you can stand the repetitive guitar riff, the lyrics are worth it. [Wink]

-- "Kayla's Song" was written for a very dear friend who helped me through some hard times and then fell upon some of her own. In spirit, it was somewhat inspired by Simon & Garfunkel's "Kathy's Song." The ironic thing is that we had a rather nasty falling-out subsequently and don't really speak anymore, but I still sing the song with fond memories in mind.

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My petrology prof is named Dr. Shaw... And he's definately nothing like the lyrics... [Wink]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps