Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Khiori S'Harien

Author Topic: Khiori S'Harien
Shakaar
Member # 1782

- posted      Profile for Shakaar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
The Sarek Class Carrier Khiori S'Harien Vulcan for "Star Sword". Designed for deep space exploration and colonization.

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice....

Why would you name an exploration/colonization ship after a sword?

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It reminds me of Seaquest... although it also reminds me of a phaser rifle also.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Shakaar
Member # 1782

- posted      Profile for Shakaar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*ponders the name* My Vulcan vocabulary is somewhat limited? Though it is meant for exploration and colonization, it certainly can defend itself.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sword does make me think it wants to hack up stars, seeker perhaps?

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

tricky
Member # 1402

- posted      Profile for tricky         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't S'Harien the name for a master sword maker who destroyed his work after listening to surak?

Naming it after a craftsman sounds alot more pacifist than sword
[edit] Forgot to mention: Damn good artwork and design[/edit]

--------------------
Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon...

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks great but I'd lose that fin thing at the rear- gives it that unintended Seaquest look.

Hmmmm...colorwise, it looks like a Vulcan/Andorian hybrid.
It'd be nice to learn that the two worlds have an inseperable scientific batch of starships with mixed crews.

Good to see someone making ships with a colonization theme. Waaay too many battlewagons out there.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I dig the design, but to me, it has a very cruise ship-ish look. That's not necessarily bad...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Shakaar
Member # 1782

quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:
Waaay too many battlewagons out there.

Hey, It can still crush any opposing starship! Or all of them!

quote:
Originally posted by Aban Rune:
it has a very cruise ship-ish look.

*ponders this* All the better for a victory cruise to Risa after the intergalactic war.
(jokes)

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the cruise ship look. It gives it a very noble ambience. Good job.
Shakaar
Member # 1782

Thanks...

The tail fin... It seems all my stuff turned out a bit on the organic side, and a bit on the fishy side. I tend to have the design ideals of Tom Paris wanting to put a dynametric tail fin on everything... I did limit it to just the one fin though! It had more! It didn't seem to have the same flare to me without the fin- ...and it makes it easier to tell which end is aft.

Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love the design! I actually got all fanboy on this one and decided to see how she'd look re-colored. I retouched it via the Gimp . . . she looks quite nice in Vulcan rust colors, especially with the inside of the warp ring left silvery-blue. It works quite nicely against the black background of space.

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

Da_bang80
A few sectors short of an Empire
Member # 528

- posted      Profile for Da_bang80     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It kinda looks like a Mon Cal cruiser to me.

--------------------
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
The courage to change the things I cannot accept.
And the wisdom to hide the bodies of all the people I had to kill today because they pissed me off.

Remember when your parents told you it's dangerous to play in traffic?

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps