Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Skeletal Spacedock

Author Topic: Skeletal Spacedock
Shakaar
Member # 1782

- posted      Profile for Shakaar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
The Thorn Class Skeletal Spacedock
The concept behind the Skeletal series was to create a fully capable spacedock, but to use less material resources to build, fewer personnel, and also drastically less time to complete construction.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting design. Very organic-looking. It reminds me of the Shadow ships from Babylon 5.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm...kinda has the look of the Cardassian/Dominion shipyards.
What are the spheres?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Shakaar
Member # 1782

- posted      Profile for Shakaar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A type of large cargo pod, I designed a freighter that could haul them, so basically they stay docked at a station, and the station crew can slowly take whatever is stored in them out, and fill them with something else� and then the next freighter comes and can quickly pick up the pods and depart without the hassle of too much loading.

The Quomar & Markonians of the Delta Quadrant both constructed stations of a similar nature (different parts that are connected by framework) I fear all my 3D makings do tend to be more organic- I�ve never have been good at a pure SF style.

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks to me like this could easily be a sensor array like the Remmler array. What program do you use?

B.J.

Shakaar
Member # 1782

Truespace

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps