Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » "Invitation Design", or "Spending Other People's Money" (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: "Invitation Design", or "Spending Other People's Money"
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could always cinch her aistline in a tad via Photoshop.

...mabye replace her legs too while you're at it.

Hmmmm...I really prefer the first version: this one looks like she's being nailed by the 'ol Martian Death Ray.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok... final version:

-

It has to go to the printer today, so no more tinkering. Everyone at the office likes the cigarette one better so I cinched the waist a bit, moved the left leg into something that looks a bit more lady-like, added smoke to the cigarette, and did something with the background.

Oh... and I added a rating at the bottom, fo that extra feel of believability.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks good.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Much better.
How'd you add the smoke? Took it off another photo? Looks too good to be just done via Photoshop.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Went to www.sxc.hu and grabbed a free stock photo of cigarette smoke shot on a black background, desaturated it, then set the layer to "lighten" and scaled.

Easy peesy.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the recognition dinner? Is it for older actresses? Is that the idea behind the 30's/40's esque woman?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

The theme of the dinner this year is "Hollywood". So the invitation relflects that by being in the form of a movie poster and showing a celebrity-style recognition thing.

The dinner itself is just an employee thing. Recognizing outstanding emplyee contributions over the year. Plus, we get to leave the office at 3 and go to a free dinner. I hear there will be chicken.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will there be Taspar eggs? An office dinner is not and office dinner with out fresh Taspar eggs! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Shakaar
Member # 1782

- posted      Profile for Shakaar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bet they'll try to save and go with O'Wan eggs instead... Everyone will take one bite and gag!
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps