Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Wedding Invitation Commission (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Wedding Invitation Commission
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few nits:
I think the tag line in the sky is kinda hard to see.
I wonder about justifying all the type on the right like that. Aren't the small-print credits usually centered?
I agree that a fake rating is essential for all fake movie ads.

(All modern movie posters have to have big floating half heads)

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And while that can be cool, it's really not a brave choice and generally doesn't tell you anything at all about the movie except who's in it.

I like this poster a lot, Aban. Even with her anklet, it has sort of a technicolor classic feel to it. Maybe it's the awesome valise. Again, I take issue with the title (seems sort of one sided and not really focused on where they're going), but with the design I can find no fault. Really nice job on the compositing. I'd guessed that the color had been tweaked, but not that they didn't belong there. Terrific composition and excellent typography.

Shakaar
Member # 1782

- posted      Profile for Shakaar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fantastic job indeed, and a very inventive idea! I'm ok without a rating, it clearly still has the feel of a movie poster without it- a rating on the poster would be like rating the marriage.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about E: Exempt from classification.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Masao: The tag line in the sky is only hard to read in the small version I posted. It's quite legible in the printed version.

I did a bunch of research on the credits at the bottom, both for this one and for mine. I was under the impression that they were usually centered, but I've seen them printed every which way, including right justified, so I decided it was fine, and it just so happened to go great with the background photo.

BX: The title wasn't my choice this time. The client (the bride's mom) had it chosen already. The bride's last name is Hunt. So get it... she's "Hunt" no more.

Oh, and it's not an anklet. It's the strap on her shoe. Another little detail which is alot more visible on the printed piece.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She looks flat. (This critique may be directed at her choice in bras).

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you think that could be 'corrected' in the wedding invitation? [Wink]
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, one would hope that, of all places, a wedding invitation would be the place where you wouldn't worry about sex appeal.
bX
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by machf:
Do you think that could be 'corrected' in the wedding invitation? [Wink]

You perv...

-

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh you blurred the names and date... and I was going to fly from Australia to the US just to crash their wedding by sitting quietly in the back row!! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

jX
Member # 1201

- posted      Profile for jX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You clods, those are shoes with the ankle straps! AKA sexy shoes. [Smile]

Aban: Looks fantastic. If they wanted a rating, "Rated H for Happily Ever After" [Wink]

machf
Member # 1233

- posted      Profile for machf         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bX:
You perv...

Well, I was actually asking Snay if he had that in mind, rather than suggesting it should be done, but...
bX
Member # 419

Who's the more pervy the perv or the perv who...blah, blah, blah?
Captain Boh
Member # 1282

- posted      Profile for Captain Boh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Oh you blurred the names and date... and I was going to fly from Australia to the US just to crash their wedding by sitting quietly in the back row!! [Smile]

The bluring isn't all that effective, I can still sort of tell the date.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope this doesn't go the way of Brad Pitt's and Jennifer Aniston's wedding rings.
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps