Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Nikon-class cruiser

Author Topic: Nikon-class cruiser
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you've seen enough already, well here's another.
Incase the image doesn't show up, here's a link to it, Nikon. You'll see a page with a link to the image.

Class: Nikon
Type: Heavy cruiser
Ships of class:
�USS Nikon NX-75950
Length: 574 meters
Height: 97 meters
Beam: 314 meters
Accommodation: 765 officers and crew
Mass: 2,350,000 metric tons
Maximum warp speed: 9.95
Tactical systems:
�5 photon/quantum torpedo launchers
�9 Type-10 phaser arrays
�4 Pulse phaser cannons

A typical starship, except for its blue bussard collectors. The Nikon uses a new warp technology that is theoretically 100% subspace safe. The Nikon's new warp matrix also allows it to keep high warp speeds for much longer durations.

The Nikon is designed as a cruiser for patrolling the outer perimeter of Federation space. Its enhanced warp technology lets it travel greater distances quicker for keeping order and protecting the outer colonies.

The old style Nebula-class sensor pod is used to increase the range and speed of subspace communications and also for sensor sweeps of the area. There is a large shuttle bay, called the shuttle deck, in the back of the ship. This thru-deck shuttle deck, also houses a shuttle repair bay.

------------------
"Let's make sure that history never forgets the name...Enterprise."
Federation Starship Datalink

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited September 06, 1999).]

Laz1701
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get a 404 error when I click on the link.

------------------
The Starship Encyclopedia

IP: Logged
Hobbes
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah...Tripod decided to become a pain in the ass. If you click on the link you'll go to a page you'll see a link to the image.

I should probably just write an HTML page from now on.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited September 05, 1999).]

Laz1701
Ex-Member

Clicking on the link you provided above takes me to a 404 error page. This page has the same link as the one above on it, and when I click on it, it just takes me right back to the same 404 error page.

------------------

Hobbes
Member # 138

Okay to solve the problem, I put the pic in a HTML file. This better solve the problems.

Click here.

------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice ship. Stock parts from my shipkit, but still, nice ship. Just thought I'd let you know that that stardrive section is from the Ingram class, the class ship having a registry of 2001, making it a rather old ship. If this is supposed to be a brand new ship, you might want to consider changing that stardrive.

Oh, and incidentally, thanks for coming up with a reason for the blue bussards that I've been messing around with for a while...

------------------
All hands, brace for impact!
WHAM!!

Hobbes
Member # 138

I have 4 big pics, 1 with saucer, 1 with engineering hulls, 1 with nacelles and 1 with misc. parts. I usually just put whatever pieces together that I think will make a cool ship. Sometimes I've made my own unique parts by combining two or three together.

------------------

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what you have. I made those!

------------------
All hands, brace for impact!
WHAM!!

Hobbes
Member # 138

Not all.

------------------

Laz1701
Ex-Member

Fabrux, I must ask you to include something with the shipkit you're distributing that indicates all the parts are from ships at The Starship Encyclopedia. A lot of people seem to be unaware that all the parts come from ships that either I or John T. Moltz drew. John and I put tremendous effort into these drawings (and I continue to do so with all my new ones), creating them from scratch pixel-by-pixel... and while I don't mind these drawings being proliferated all over the web, I'd like people to know who was originally responsible for them.

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps