Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Art Bin (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Art Bin
Ahkileez
Member # 734

- posted      Profile for Ahkileez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey folks. Long time lurker, infrequent poster. I was reading the other thread where it said Flare was getting a little quiet. I figured I'd toss some things in the ring for you guys to look at since I tend to do a lot of sort custom Trek work, outside the realm of the normal at any rate. Some of this stuff have been showcased on this board before, and some of that very same stuff has been upgraded/improved since.

Hopefully you guys will have fun dissecting and discussing. Look for the caption to explain what each thing is.

====================

First up is the Bridge for the Akira Class ship I'm CO on over in Star Trek: A Call to Duty.

clicky

- - -

This is stuff I designed for my S.S. Shanghai Trek sim. The ship I believe is the Lotus Flower. A deuterium freighter designed by FASA as far as I know. I've only ever found one picture of it on the internet. I redrew, enhanced and modernized it a little. The story behind the ship/game is that this is an old cargo ship that's been refurbished by an ex-Starfleet officer whose going into the shipping business.

clicky

clicky

clicky

clicky

clicky

- - -

These are a couple of things for my ST: Xayvian sim, set on a ground station on a desert planet. The vehicle is a heavy ground version of the Workbee known as the Scarab which serves basically as a vehicle system. The uniforms are their day to day stuff.

clicky

clicky

- - -

[EDIT: urk]

[ July 15, 2006, 02:05 PM: Message edited by: Chris ]

Ahkileez
Member # 734

- posted      Profile for Ahkileez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a bit of photoshop work with a couple of my trek game characters. Not father and sun, but uncle and nephew. The Ahkileez (humanized translation of their Vulcan surname) boys.

clicky

- - -

Here's the USS Arion - the ship the big guy in the above picture will be captain of at some point in the future if I ever write Fanfic or get a sim going with it.

clicky

- - -

These are some custom uniforms for a fleetwide arc (several ships involved) I'm running over in Star Trek: A Call to Duty.

First set is a combat uniform for Starfleet. Not special forces or marines or anything like that. This would be what the modern Starfleet wears when it's expecting a fight. The padded sections would kind of be like additional body armor with an ablative/dissipating material.

The white uniforms are for humanitarian/propagandic work. When Starfleet is trying to make a good impression and set the gen pop's mind at ease.

clicky

clicky

- - -

Last but not least, are my combat ships designed for use aboard the Akira Class (and elsewhere I suppose).

The Shuriken Starfighter/Interceptor and the Shinto Assault Bomber.

clicky

clicky

[EDIT: urk]

[ July 15, 2006, 02:23 PM: Message edited by: Chris ]

Ahkileez
Member # 734

Feel free to discuss and ask questions and whatnot.

Mods, please forgive the oversizing. It was entirely too many pictures to make thumbs for.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's some spiffy artwork! I really like your use of color; it makes things look nice and sharp. Those are some bitchin' fightercraft. (I've seen those here before, right?) The Shinto reminds me, interestingly enough, of the Klingon vessel from "Bounty" (ENT).

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahkileez, I took the liberty of linking you pictures as they made my computer here at work say "Uh uh"; I pity those on dialup.

Anyhoo, your work is amazing! I quite like those uniforms, you did a bang up job on them. I don't have much time to give your work a proper viewing at the moment as I am at work, but the quick bit I did see is very impressive. I'm wondering if you have any plans on colouring those [large] ships the same way you coloured the smaller craft?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Ahkileez
Member # 734

MMOM - Yes, Shinto and Shuriken have been here before. But I changed the 'texture' of her hull and did a few tweaks here and there. I find the gunmetal look makes them badass.

Chris - Thanks mate. I'm the lazy type, hehe.

I had plans to color the modern ship yes. I'm actually going to have to redraw her some because I've gotten better since I drew her very long ago. The old ship... mm... I dunno. Maybe?

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great stuff- I can send you the other views of the Lotus Flower if you like- good ship to use that.
Dont know if I dig the design of twin nacelles you have there (though it beats the original's lone nacelle).
It would be cool to see those nacelles as a Gorn (or some other race besides human) design bought to cheaply upgrade the old ship.

Only one slight thing I'd change in the unifiorms- I'd replace the white with an all-red color scheme. I always liked that look on DS9. It should have the cap or hoodie too (IMHO, here).
Amazing workbees- that's the sort of practical update that's so lacking in most fan's vision. Most would make them into sillt fighters with missile racks and such nonsense...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Ahkileez
Member # 734

Hey [Smile] I'd love to see some other views. Like I said, I've only ever seen the one image of it on the internet. I don't know if I'll continue to draw it, but I'd love to have the option.

I'm not sure which uniforms you're referring to... The white propaganda ones?

Well they're much heavier duty than workbees. Larger too. Intended to be used on a surface (can only get a couple of hundred feet off the ground).

I take a fairly realistic approach to Trek design. I like details and I like the details to make sense. Over on Scifi Meshes they've dubbed my design style Industrial Trek, LOL.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice work! I like how the shuttle bays are sort of in the section between the different hulls.

Also the Akira bridge... I reckon you could film an entire series on that entire set... all it needs is a small transporter room! [Smile]

The Captain get his own jacuzzi in his ready room's head? [Smile]

I too like the colouring that you have done with those two smaller ships.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Ahkileez
Member # 734

Thanks Andrew. I'm not sure which ship you're talking about though, LOL. The modern ship or the old freighter?

The Akira Bridge was an effort to properly utilize the size of these bridge modules. People seem to think the set you see and the module on the ship are the same size. But they're really enormous. The size of a large house actually.

I wish that was a Jacuzzi. The squiggly lines are supposed to be the sonic shower, LOL.

And thank you. I don't much care for the baby blue hull color the ships usually have in like the Ency and stuff.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too like the Akira bridge layout. The scale's a bit off, though. Some chairs are fun-sized compared to others! [Big Grin]

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Ahkileez
Member # 734

Hehe yes. Actually you're more likely to be seeing them larger than they should be than smaller. A part of the problem being the weird perspective of trying to give them backs and such.

I'm pretty bad with scale sometimes.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ahkileez:

I'm not sure which uniforms you're referring to... The white propaganda ones?

The Medical uniforms- I'd like to see a med-uniform with a small sterilization field enbedded so the uniform is surgery-ready...and in crimson, with the hoodie that Trek uses during operations.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the Akira Class bridge...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Ahkileez
Member # 734

I only have specialized med ones in the brown desert and the armored combat uniforms. The all-white ones are for public relations missions, not medical. Though I suppose it would fit well enough that way too.

And thanks, Mikey [Smile]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps