Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Proteus Class Advanced Runabout

Author Topic: Proteus Class Advanced Runabout
Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Proteus Class

Opens in new window.

[EDITED: trying to fix link...Should work now.]
------------------
"Now that I have found someone
I'm feeling more alone
Than I ever have ... before"

[This message has been edited by Sunspot (edited September 11, 1999).]

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those wings look VERY familiar!!

Have you seen my first Q-wingtm design yet???
Altairan Courier
*checkes link*
Yes, you have seen it.....

Okay, I have to admit: The tm is not for real, but I am sorry, this looks a lot like stealing someone's idea.

BTW: Starfleet is already using this type of nacelle on probes as seen in the Voyager episode 'Extreme Risk'.

------------------
Altair's Sci-Fi Homepage

[This message has been edited by Altair (edited September 05, 1999).]

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Make the base struts of the wing just a little wider to lose the ring shape effect, and move the wings a little more aft-wards. That would make it look a lot better.
Just a friendly tip

------------------
Altair's Sci-Fi Homepage

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I were genuinely ripping off your idea,
#1 Why would I post it at forums where you, the creator, frequent?
#2 Have I shown any signs of being a habitual infinger of concepts?

I don't have any need to steal your ideas. I have plenty of my own, this being one of them. I will not alter my work to suit your requests, since this concept dates back to when I was in 6-7 grade, before I even was online. Don't try to make it seem as through I am making an outright attempt to steal the Qwing concept.

Do you find it totally inconcievable that two people's designs could share a common design element?

------------------
I'm feeling more alone

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it!

It is obvious that Sunspot put a lot of thought into the design of this vessel. I especially like the description of the "failed appempts" to create "slow transwarp" vessels prior to this one. I am, however, dissapointed by the lack of illos for the lesser designs.

Ah, well, such is life. Congratulations, Sunspot, on a job well done.

--Baloo

------------------
We are born naked, wet, and hungry.
Then things get worse.
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

Ooh, new project!

THanks Baloo!

------------------
I'm feeling more alone

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I know from experience that two people can come up w/ very similar ideas independently. When I first posted my Valkyrie design, someone (Frank, IIRC) posted a picture of a ship that someone else had designed. I had never seen the picture before (so I couldn't have even been unconsciouslt influenced by it), but it looked damned near exactly like my ship. And I don't even mean in general. There was at least one insignificant detail that happened to be identical on both. I was sufficiently stunned by that, believe me. :-)

------------------
"Maybe they're trying to breed them..."
-guy in my math class, suggesting a reason for there being two overhead projectors in the classroom

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um... I take that back. Frank says he wasn't the one who posted that. Maybe it was RW...? I don't know... :-)

------------------
"Maybe they're trying to breed them..."
-guy in my math class, suggesting a reason for there being two overhead projectors in the classroom

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or maybe it's your guilty conscience!

------------------
"Just because you're floating doesn't mean you haven't drowned."
--
They Might Be Giants

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

Let's just say it's a case of bad timing

And that was a tip, not an order

------------------
Altair's Sci-Fi Homepage

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am using Groombridge as my fleetyards as well.

------------------
A-"Dippidy Doo." Q-"What forms on your dippity early in the morning?"--Johnny Carson

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Link no longer works, Spotty -- I keep getting a XOOM Members 404 error when I click on the link.

I'm dying to see this - I love runabout variations.

------------------
The unexplained phenomenon that crippled the U.S.S. Unimpeachable --
Gaseous Anomaly...
What anomalises gaseously.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps