Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Pics of YOU Wearing Genre Costumes. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Pics of YOU Wearing Genre Costumes.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know you do. I'm not talking about Trek specifically - I'm talking Halloween, other conventions, wierd events you'd dress up for. You've taken pictures. Show 'em.

I.

KNOW.

YOU.

CAN.

Mark <--- professional MC of "Wierd Shit" events.

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talk about letting the genie out of the bottle...

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Lurker Emeritus
Member # 1888

- posted      Profile for Lurker Emeritus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WizArtist II:
Talk about letting the genie out of the bottle...

What will it take to shove it back in?

Hmm... it's odd, because this is exactly how I pictured you! [Wink]

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um..

Hm.

I'm glad to say there are no pictures of me in genre anything since I was about....6.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Johnny
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Johnny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, and to think Paramount were worried they wouldn't be able to auction off those skants.

--------------------
deviantArt page | Online portfolio

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
0.o

o.0

0.o

I don't feel quite so bad about being a Trekkie dork any more... That's unnerving, Mark. Unfortunately, 1) I have a tendancy to never find the people who took pics of me at events and 2) all of my genre costumes are in storage during this time of transition so I can't get new ones taken for a couple months yet. I'll flood this thread when I can, though... Why do we have no "evil grin" smiley?

Just to warn y'all. I have no "cosplay" gender-bender costumes... nothing from anime (yet). I do have my early-2366 Trek uniform and some Star Wars stuff (being in the 501st). So there shouldn't be anything as shocking as Mark up there.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a pic of me in an Austin Powers costume for Halloween last year. I'll see if I can dig it up.
Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please do so. As for the rest of you:

a) My legs look fantastic.

b) I'm not a costumer; I just host lots of 'em, and people often make costumes for me to wear.

c) Somewhere in my packed boxes is a VOY/DS9 yellow-shouldered jumpsuit which still fits. No one ever mistook me for Harry Kim, though.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I, of course, will win this hands down.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why, Lee?

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Somebody explain to the lad. And maybe post the pic if you have it, because I don't have it handy.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That reminds me...when is Lula expected to start getting her feathers & ridges?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you guys will kindly wait for a few more weeks, I can post a pic of my roommate in his Freakazoid costume that we're working on. I suppose that's a genre...Superhero....or...Cartoon...
Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a male skant uniform but it's science and not command... which pisses me off beyond belief. I'll be Jill Valentine from Resident Evil: Apocalypse this year btw.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think we should make posting stuff like this a TOS violation. I need Drano to clean out my eyes now.

Ow.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps