Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Oh dear gods (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Oh dear gods
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blarging through the SSDB, I came across a bit of WTF. Just as it was presented:

I have also made a recently discovered addition - a conceptual design of a new Kzinti ship, called the Darkstalker, by Glitchwerk, that was to be used in the never-filmed fifth season of Star Trek: Enterprise. As it was never filmed, it cannot be considered "official", per se, but the discovery of this really cool ship only makes me more irritated that Enterprise was cancelled just when it was starting to get good

OK, so the design is kind of neat...but fucking KZIN of ENT? Thank the fucking MAKER it never happened.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I read about their plans to visit the Kzinti. It would've been way too easy to mess up, considering how they'd have had to re-jigger so much of the back story to fit it in with all the canon stuff that's come up since. I figured they'd have had to change so much, what would be the point? (Though my sister says the same thing about Ron Moore's version of Galactica, and she's obviously full of shit there!)

Anyway, the only reason I'm disappointed there was no ENT: Season 5 is that they apparently planned to bring Shran on to the main cast. That would've likely been awesome.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, yay. Then we would have had weekly reminders of how they screwed up the Andorians.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fuck you guys.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I included in that, Mim? I liked "The Slaver Weapon" and the backstory of the Terran/Kzinti hostilities in Trek. I'd rather it be the Caitians, because I find them infinitely cooler, but hey...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Season 4 was any indication, Season 5 of ENT would have been some of the best Star Trek ever.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

I had high hopes for Season 5, myself. Especially after Peter Weller guested. I even liked the explanation of the Klingons' heads. But most of the Vulcans were dicks, the Andorians shouldn't have had ears or been from a place called AndorIA, the ENterprise was too advanced for the era, and and the temporal cold war was a lame plotline.

But even with those growing pains, they were starting to find their stride. So yeah, I would have welcomed Kzin.

--Jonah

P.S. I am not mentioning the Ferengi or Borg on purpose. They do not exist in my world prior to the episodes they were introduced in.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure why Andorians necessarily wouldn't have ears, but you realize, of course, that it was DS9 that established the word "Andoria"?

Also, Vulcan dicks have been around far longer than ENT, as well.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DS9 also said 'Andor'.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm.. it looks like they actually looked at earlier Kzinti designs when they came up with this...

Specifically, the 'New Space Control Ship' on this page.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Makotokat
Member # 1041

- posted      Profile for Makotokat         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kzinti would never have shown up......Larry Niven swore to never allow anyone to use them again after the last time....not until he's dead and buried!
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Source? I seem to recall rather the opposite, that he said he would be open to them being a part of Star Trek again and that it was the Paramount bean-counters/legal analysts/whatevers who kept it from happening. I don't have a source for that either, though.

--------------------

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:
If Season 4 was any indication, Season 5 of ENT would have been some of the best Star Trek ever.

While I totally agree Enterprise was becoming great, my opinion on fucking cat-men (or any household pet as an alien species) is on record.
Might as well go to fucking Thundera while they're at it.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Makotokat
Member # 1041

- posted      Profile for Makotokat         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read it on a Ringworld movie forum (what happened to that movie???) Besides every cat alien you see (Kilrathi) seems to be Kzin....
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"While I totally agree Enterprise was becoming great, my opinion on fucking cat-men (or any household pet as an alien species) is on record."

So, no cat people, dog people, bird people, fish people, lizard people, rodent people... Basically, all aliens played by people should be exclusively monkey-based?

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps