Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » BSG Flags

Author Topic: BSG Flags
B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know why I suddenly got a bug to draw up all the flags of the 12 colonies, but I did. Anyway, it's not done yet. I still have to draw the symbol on several of the flags. Could you guys check me on the colors on each of the flags? Some of the screencaps and references I have are not entirely helpful, sometimes even conflicting.
 -
Interesting observation during my research - the flag for all the Colonies seems to be identical to either the Caprica flag or the Scorpia flag (sans symbol), depending on which episode you're watching. For instance, the flag that drapes all the caskets at the end of the mini is like Caprica's, but the one seen in "Colonial Day" is like Scorpia's. Anyone have some better info on this?

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Considering the nice work, I say you should get more bugs!

As for screencaps there's a website with a whole bunch of bsg screenies.

http://bsgmedia.org/

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if you used them or not, but I took screencaps of the flags and posted them here a while back (right after "Colonial Day" aired, I think). There is one here of some flags. I guess I was more interested in the colony names than the flags. I can haul out the episode and do better caps if you wish.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just grabbed this image. Might help, or it might be too small.... But this is Flare, we're known for garnering information from small, blurry screencaps [Wink]

-

--------------------

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, guys. I do have most of the screencaps from those and several other sites. Other than the mini and "Colonial Day", does anyone know of any episode where the flags might have been shown?

Anyway, I did the rest of the symbols. There seems to be some question on whether the Picon and Libran flags have the single red stripe as I've shown, or a double stripe with darker red or something. Any clues?
 -

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

I'd also like to know that when calling out the votes for VP, Roslin says "Aquaria" and not "Aquarion"...

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps