Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Spruance-class Cargo Transport (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Spruance-class Cargo Transport
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kind of odd design I agree. But then again, cargo transports/tankers never have looked pretty in the past.

Spruance-class Cargo Transport

Have questions or comments please ask and give.

------------------
"Let's make sure that history never forgets the name...Enterprise."
Federation Starship Datalink

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited September 15, 1999).]

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sceptical of torp launchers on a transport. And what's the launch date of the class? Did I miss it or haven't your specified one? Other than that, a nice, ugly transport.

------------------
-->Identity Crisis<--

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it looks pretty good, actually.

------------------
Frank's Home Page - free pencil with every visit!

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another nitpick: the picture says Type 7 Phasers but the text says Type 8.

------------------
-->Identity Crisis<--

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks nice

------------------
A-"Dippidy Doo." Q-"What forms on your dippity early in the morning?"--Johnny Carson

Hobbes
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Phaser type corrected. In my personal Star Trek universe all Federation/Starfleet operated vessel require minor defensive capabilities. Especially with the Dominion war. As for the year is was launched, oh say around 2372 was when the first Spruance-class vessel was launched.

------------------
Federation Starship Datalink

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Odd. Freaky. Different.
I like it a lot.

Anything related to the Oberth class, and I'm happy.

------------------
The unexplained phenomenon that crippled the U.S.S. Unimpeachable --
Gaseous Anomaly...
What anomalises gaseously.

Epoch
Geology Rocks
Member # 136

- posted      Profile for Epoch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love it. Looks good.

------------------
If you need it I can build it. Just as long as there is a box of junk for me to use.

Hobbes
Member # 138

I'm glad you all like.

The registry prefix by the way, NCT stands for Federation Cargo Transport. The "N" I believe does stand for Federation, since Federation vessels mostly start with "N"-NCC, NX, NAR. I didn't mention that on the page.

------------------
Federation Starship Datalink - Yet another site based on the popularity of starships.

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, I did some looking into the meanings of "NCC" a few years back. "NCC" means "Naval Construction Code" or "Naval Constuction Contract".

Makes sense, since the numbers are given out in the order the ships are contracted to be built.

------------------
"She's never letting me forget, I've always been an idiot"
-The Verve Pipe

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that explanation is a fannish one, however, not necessarily an official one.

Naval Cutie Carrier.

------------------
"We shall not yield to you, nor to any man." -- Freak, The Mighty.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Making NCC an acronym is fine when that's all you have. (Though why they'd be naval is beyond me.) But it falls apart when we toss other prefixes into the mix. I'd have to agree with the N=UFP, CC=Starfleet, X=experimental (or prototype) and so on, scheme.

------------------
"Recombination, then Viacom; Safeway."
--
Soul Coughing

Hobbes
Member # 138

Registry prefixes, possible entry for the SWDAO page Frank?

------------------
Federation Starship Datalink - Yet another site based on the popularity of starships.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps, although there's really no evidence for anything either way. Feel free to write an entry, though.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Yes, I routinely run any car with Canadian plates off the road. It makes it easier to yank them out, blind them, and put them to work in my underground salt mine." - Simon Sizer

Hobbes
Member # 138

The Spruance-class page has been updated with new information.

Frank: I wouldn't mind trying to write something about starship registry prefixes, I tend to agree with Sol's assement-"N=UFP, CC=Starfleet, X=experimental". I don't believe that NCC is an acromyn, and if by chance it were, I doubt the "N" would stand for Naval.

------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps