Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » USS Sagittarius schematics released (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: USS Sagittarius schematics released
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for tooting my own horn here, but Simon and Shuster have finally released the schematics for my USS Sagittarius, based on my earlier USS Paris.

Available here: http://www.voyagesofimagination.com/startrekbooknews.html

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome, congratulations!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice! Although the conversion to pdf seems to have really messed with the gradients in the side view.

An upper saucer bulge offset from the lower saucer bulge? Interesting. I know this ship isn't very big, but it would be interesting to see how the deck are laid out.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shiny. I dig. I bet it's got a lot of stairs.

The offset shouldn't matter much, BJ, as the bulges don't connect directly.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice. Looks like it could be a predecessor to the Nova-class. I like designs that look like they fit in logically with canon ships, like this.
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's real small inside. The only full-width deck is within the main saucer, and it only reaches full height under the dorsal bulge. That's why a there's a Millenium Falcon-like tunnel to the docking port. There's also a garage in the ventral bulge, with a door that functions as a ramp, and an "open plan" 2-deck-high engineering room with side catwalks in the rear of the saucer and in the tail. From the main deck of the saucer there are stairs to the garage and to the engineering section, which is half a deck up, and a ladder to the part of the tail that goes over the dorsal bulge (to the transporter alcove). Allen Rolfes has done full deck plans, but their fate is undecided.

My gradient on my drawing were smoother. Also, the PDF laterally expanded the shadow of the impulse deck on the rear view.

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool! What does the bridge look like on the inside, at least as you envisioned it?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

Marco Palmieri, the editor I worked with at S&S, wanted runabout-style seating (2 in front, 2 in back, I guess) with a viewscreen (but no window) at the front of the saucer.

--------------------

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you plan on making this ship a part of the Starfleet Museum website?
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

Probably not. It is nearly identical in shape (but not in size) to an earlier museum ship, so it would be something like the Akira/Nx-01 problem, but even worse!

--------------------

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More like the "three or four sizes of Klingon Bird-of-Prey" problem, I'd say! [Wink]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great work! I find the ship more plausible at the larger size, but you need to do what the customer requests...

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

It's the first time I've designed a ship that small, but I think it turned out pretty well. At least Simon and Shuster seems happy.

--------------------

Sarvek
Member # 910

- posted      Profile for Sarvek     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am having trouble with my Adobe Acrobat, could you possibly post the designs on this forum??
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

If you scroll down to the middle of this thread at TrekBBS, you'll see that a poster has kindly converted the pdfs to jpgs.
http://www.trekbbs.com/threads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=7688380&an=0&page=0#Post7688380

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps