Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Matrix 4 - The Super Matrix (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Matrix 4 - The Super Matrix
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Super part pretty much does it.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The matrix was created to make man docile and complacent, so logically the "Super" Matrix should be a version ten times worse than the original, turning all its inhabitants into couch potatoes and lazy bums. Not even the lesbian latex girls and freedom fighters are saved from the eternal fate of eating pringles all day long and fapping joylessly.

Was that the gist of it?

I think resurrecting Neo is hurting the end of "Revolutions" too much.
($$$$$$$$$$$) I'd say it's even worse than having the Petrelli brothers survive into Heroes season 2, completely destroying the drama value of their sacrifice in the season finale.

I don't think any death in Marvel comics(sacrificial or not) has made me move an eyebrow during the last 6 years of reading because it has gotten to the point where even the X-Men characters themselves mention in the comic how their group has a "special" relationship with death, and don't stay that way for long.
Anyone care to start a "Banshee Lives!"-pool? Put me down for "six months from now".

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I prefer the Return of Rom: Spaceknight.

Long live Galador.

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Daniel Butler
I'm a Singapore where is my boat
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, $$$$the Petrelli brothers really should have stayed dead - or, well, at least Nathan. It rather makes sense for Peter to have lived - Ted and Peter should both be able to survive the release of their own power.$$$$

But, you know, I seem to still be alone in my opinion that Neo didn't die.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least they had a good explanation for Nathan being alive. Dramatically, it could go either way, but it makes sense in-universe.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

pdwood
Member # 2063

- posted      Profile for pdwood     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daniel,

You're not alone in your opinion that Neo didn't. I completely agree.

Mars Needs Women
Sexy Funmobile
Member # 1505

- posted      Profile for Mars Needs Women     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one can let Keanu go...
Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

- posted      Profile for Daniel Butler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually *really* don't like Keanu, in anything. I guess he sort of pulled Constantine off. But it's just that I don't see any evidence that Neo died. So he was laying down with his eyes closed at the end - unconsious? having a kip? NO, everyone says, HE'S DIED.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, but they carried him off on a floating robo-hurse, which certainly applies a certain degree of being dead.
Having said that, I tend to think only his body died and his consciousness lives on in some form in the new Matrix. As for why the machines carried off his body, perhaps they will be putting it on ice...or pink electric goo for some purpose to be revealed in however they choose to continue the franchise. Actually, didn't they release a MMOG that took place after Revolutions? I should think they covered some of this stuff on that platform.

Regardless an uncertain fate of the hero is a very old story telling tradition from King Arther on up to Shane. Something I'm sure the Wachowski Brothers are well aware of.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In The Matrix Online, the ultimate fate of Neo is debated in the game world. The Machines never returned his body, and all they would say is that he wasn't liquefied.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel Butler:
I actually *really* don't like Keanu, in anything.

I have trouble taking him seriously in anything. I keep picturing him as Ted "Theodore" Logan.
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've liked him in everything I've seen him in, except "Much ado about nothing", but then again that wasn't his star vehicle. Speed I liked a lot. Daniels and Hopper helped but I didn't feel they were his crutches.

I like Keanu BECAUSE he's Keanu. The "whoah", the outstretched hand to emphasize a point, it's become mannerisms and entered pop culture, so he's here to stay. Sorry for dragging this thread pissing and shitting off the track.

I'm dissapointed that the sci-fi art world didn't pick up on all the cool ship designs of Matrix, I would've wanted to see the Novalis, Cadeuceus and the Hammer in different jpegs with solarflares and gunflashes a hell of a lot more than yet even more NX-01's and sovvies. GRR.

pdwood
Member # 2063

- posted      Profile for pdwood     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering whether anyone's read the Super Matrix story that started the thread. Lots of comments and opinions floating around; I'd love to see a few about the story. Anybody game?
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nim:
I don't think any death in Marvel comics(sacrificial or not) has made me move an eyebrow during the last 6 years of reading because it has gotten to the point where even the X-Men characters themselves mention in the comic how their group has a "special" relationship with death, and don't stay that way for long.
Anyone care to start a "Banshee Lives!"-pool? Put me down for "six months from now".

Yeah, but the X-Books suck, and have for years.
I mean, come on- a chararcter like Pyro can die from that (lame-ass) "Legacy Virus", only to pop up a year later with no explanation whatsoever. [Roll Eyes]

I cant even count all the times Professor X has died.
Fuck-sakes: BUCKY and ROBIN (Jason Todd) have both come back from the graves.
In short, current comics writers could care less about prior events and little continuity oversight exists in comics: probably because the demographics suggest most readers dont stay with a book more than six months (explaining why most titles have "part whatever of whatever" on their covers and why creative teams only sign on for a particular storyline- not for say, a year contract).

As to Matrix stuff- dig through our old discussions and try to resolve some of the glaring holes pointed out- like how does Zion's population rebuild without direct assistance from the AI's?

Daniel Butler
Member # 1689

Haven't they *got* direct assistance from the machines? Didn't they say Neo was to choose, what, I can't remember, 16 men and 50 women or some weirdass numbers, and the machines would free them and allow them passage back to Zion to begin the rebuilding? (Although I got the distinct impression that part of The Deal was that Neo wasn't allowed to tell the humans the real truth; as Morpheus remembered, 'It was He who freed the first of us.')

Mm, and also, why when we see all the previous The Ones getting pissed at the Architect, they all look exactly alike? It seems the machines couldn't stop The Ones from appearing due to some kind of nameless 'anomaly,' but the same appearance like that might indicate that they actively *made* The Ones, from the same genome each time, possibly to try to preempt the 'anomaly' with a being they at least could partially predict due to genetics?

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps