Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » First 3D print of one of my models (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: First 3D print of one of my models
Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

- posted      Profile for Axeman 3D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, had some time today and made a quick blank to check out the way the thing fits together. Over time I'll replace the parts with more accurate representations. I cant make it very detailed as it wont show up on a small print. Might look the part though. Here's a pic...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2718/4534659826_fa1d81c494_o.jpg

Any idea exactly how big the finished model is supposed to be in millimeters? I need to scale it properly so once it's done I can work out the price per print.

--------------------
www.kennyscrap.com - where I download crap I make.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are a few more views of that thing here on Bernd's site (scroll to the bottom.)

As for the scale, short of asking Doug Drexler (I think he has the original mesh) you can only guestimate how big it was supposed to be from the shots it was in.

Looks like (when folded up) it's a touch smaller than the Defiant's nacelle cowling, but then that'd depend on how big you think the Defiant is supposed to be...

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the clip Rev linked to above, we see a Klingon BOP collide with one of the platforms (at around 2:57). They seem of roughly comparable scale. Don't know if that's helpful, but it could be. (And skirts the Defiant scale debate)
Axeman 3D
Member # 1050

- posted      Profile for Axeman 3D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are there not two sizes of BoP as well? I seem to recall someone reusing a model and calling it something different to get around the scale issues. So, how big a bop?

--------------------
www.kennyscrap.com - where I download crap I make.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I recall the giant BoP (K'Vort?) only showed up in TNG. I think on DS9 they consistently stuck to the smaller version. Certainly in the later seasons anyway.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Axeman 3D:
Ok, had some time today and made a quick blank to check out the way the thing fits together. Over time I'll replace the parts with more accurate representations. I cant make it very detailed as it wont show up on a small print. Might look the part though. Here's a pic...

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2718/4534659826_fa1d81c494_o.jpg

Any idea exactly how big the finished model is supposed to be in millimeters? I need to scale it properly so once it's done I can work out the price per print.

Getting there- the "legs" are seperate parts that move to that outward position.

Someone link a youtube link for Axe, willya?

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps