Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » The Suraai

Author Topic: The Suraai
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's right! I'm back and with a vengeance. My first species the Zetans weren't too creative, as they were practically humans. This time around, however, I think I may have gotten it right.

The Suraai (sur-AH-ee)

The Suraai are a race of peaceful people. They have an empire near the core of the galaxy that incorporates 25 inhabited systems and an addtional 10 systems rich with minerals. Suraai was originally a world with many governments rife with corruption. One man decided to change this. He united the world governments and created a paradise. 500 years later the Suraai set off into space. By the year 95 432 they had explored and charted the entire galaxy. After then had been everywhere, done everything, and bought all the t-shirts, they decided to explore the mind. The Suraai Empire gradually shrunk as more and more Suraai devoted their time to the exploration of the mind. Eventually they just stayed within their home system and secluded themselves from the galaxy. After a time they had mastered telepathy. It was decided that the entire population would be genetically engineered to be ultimate race. As a result of the genetic engineering, the Suraai lost their vocal chords and mouths. They now ingested nutrients directly through their skin. However, 4/6 of the population did not want to be engineered. It was decided that the engineered and the non engineered would have separate governments and rule separate parts of the world. As a result of the engineering, the Suraai became more peaceful and believed that fighting and wars were useless wastes of lives. However, the rest of the population couldn't get along. There were many wars. Finally, after 2000 years, there was a great war and they wiped themselves out. There were too few survivors to create a large enough gene pool ergo they died out. The engineered Suraai now had reign of the whole planet. After they had mastered everything there was to master of the mind, they again set out into space in 200 999.

Technology, ships, and the other cool stuff is to follow!

------------------
This post will self destruct in 10 seconds

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! Nice! Very Creative ! Me like!
wouldn't 4/6 be 2/3s?

------------------
A-"Dippidy Doo." Q-"What forms on your dippity early in the morning?"--Johnny Carson

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BTW, this is for the new sci-fi project that everyone has been talking about and is very interested in.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Yes, I routinely run any car with Canadian plates off the road. It makes it easier to yank them out, blind them, and put them to work in my underground salt mine." - Simon Sizer

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, what exactly do those years mean? Are those in our calendar or theirs or some other arbitrary one?

------------------
"Yoink!"
-Mel Gibson, The Simpsons

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fabrux was being a bit to literal in the dates. The 200,999 should be X-1000, where X is a year anywhere from 150,000 to 750,000 or so.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Yes, I routinely run any car with Canadian plates off the road. It makes it easier to yank them out, blind them, and put them to work in my underground salt mine." - Simon Sizer

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I perfectly understand this thread up to Frank's latest comment o:

------------------
Get your free signature at Ex Astris Scientia

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, things flying over my head I can handle. But buzzing around my head, taunting me...

Care to explain, Frank?

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

In other words, the year Fabrux was talking about is anywhere from ~149,000 to ~749,000.

------------------
Frank's Home Page

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps