Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » The Starfleet Museum

Author Topic: The Starfleet Museum
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Masao Okazaki, a Trek fan for many years, contacted me some time ago and sent me images, specs and descriptions of Pre-TOS starships. I liked them so much that I created a whole new website:
The Starfleet Museum

------------------
Get your free signature at Ex Astris Scientia

Chris
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Hallo Bernd". I finally managed it to visit this forum more often than usually. I'm now even to respond to comments. What a great improvement! :->

You now I'm not a great fan of entirely invented fan-fiction, but these diagrams of the Pre-TOS-ships are really wonderful. Very accurate and designed with lots of details. Hope Masao and you continue your great work!

------------------
Learn everthing about Star Trek cartography in the Star Trek Dimension

------------------

IP: Logged
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure there will be several updates and improvements in the near future. Masao has already started to design ship logos, for instance.

We are considering to extend the museum to a real project in which more individuals could be involved. For instance, we are looking for a Pre-TOS uniform style.

BTW, I just noticed there is no hint that all the stuff is entirely non-canon. Maybe it should be added as a footnote.

------------------

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it! Do you suppose he (Masao) would be willing to look at my pre-TOS designs and render a few in his (infinitely superior) style?

I especially like the detailed descriptions of the vessels he provides.

--Baloo

------------------
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are beautiful.
--Unknown
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with Baloo. That is one awesome website! I haven't ever seen anything quite like it, but I wish I did. Excellent job, guys.

------------------
"I see you have the ring. And that your Schwartz is as big as mine!
-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, yeah....am I the only one that notices that the Wasp class is missing it's bottom nacelle in the top view?

------------------
"I am Sci-Fi"
-The 359

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Furious and Spector-class kick ass!

------------------
"This is where the adventure is. This is where heroes are made." - Dr. Bashir
Federation Starship Datalink - Starship site of the new millennium.

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

Oh, yes, the nacelle is missing indeed. I hope Masao can fix it soon.

BTW, we have an idea to make the SF Museum a kind of project which could feature stuff from other people as well. Ich someone has suggestions or requests feel free to contact Masao (bottom of the SFM page).

Baloo: I hope Masao doesn't read this but I know he is quite fast and efficient in drawing.

------------------

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

Fixed.

BTW, Masao was worried that a created the impression he was very fast in drawing.

------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps