Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » Comparison

Author Topic: Comparison
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is a page I whipped up: Comparison

This compares my older kitbashes with their new versions. Comment away!

And incidentally: I'm having a little trouble with the HTML on that page. I was trying to get the ship names to span the 2 columns with the name in the middle, but it didn't work...

------------------
Go brain go.
-Qualcomm sloagan

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is anyone else having problems accessing this page? Garak can only get half of it. I can get the whole thing on my machine and my parents's.

------------------
Fabrux's Starship Page
Now with only 1 popup!

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It stops before the Young-class images for some reason.

Put the colspan=2 in the td tag instead of the tr.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I can't find any good quotations." - Frank G

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Hello? Is anybody there? Why is it that the only person to have posted in this thread is the most pro-canon-only person on this board?

------------------
Fabrux's Starship Page
Now with only 1 popup!

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Decides he had better check it out, lest Fabrux kitbashes him. Joking.*
Right, here we go.

• Accos
    Has Accos and Accos of space, ya know. Cha-ha?
    Only good thing about the new one is the freaky deflector. Keep the rest of the old stuff.

• Alabama
    Bridge has it's own porch, rocking chair and spare box of shell casings.
    I can't tell the difference except I presume you left out the blue in the nacelle. Please say it's two nacelles, and not the one that I fear => FREEDOM!!

• Alpine
    Coming soon in new 'Spring', 'Autumn' and 'Malibu' scents, so your washing can smell better than ever.
    New one looks miles better with the swept back and lowered nacelles.

• Boraj
    Drop the Sov's nacelles back further, IM(H)O. Newer better happier more productive. Blah blah etc. Love the name - where'd you get it?

• Danath
    It's a freak. Sorry. Change it to a bigger saucer - that might redeem it a bit. A bit. That means "not much".

• Dyson
    I'd honestly need a top & a front view before I'd go all Pilate on it. Put the nacelles back the other way, though.

• Eudoxus (such a name!!)
    Then the Jews returned to mine the Red Sea.
    I'd probably bust a gut laughing if I saw a head-on view of the new version. Prefer the older one in almost all respects.

• Fishel
    Ah, innit cute? Newer one is better. Where does one relieve oneself whilst on board?

• Gauntlet
    Hasn't this been done on the series? Fabrux, you're gonna be RICH!!!
    Seriously: newer one looks the better. Definitely.
    Actually, try leaving the old nacelles the way they were, and using the newer (higher) saucer.

• Hawk
    Now we're talking. And it's only me typing. Oh well.
    I presume those were Soyuz-ish pods sticking port and starboard in the original. Glad they're gone.
    Hmm. Engines look too small in proportion to the rest of the body. Soverign engines, with 3/4s of the nacelles aft of the pylon, perchance? Flatten the dorsal section of the saucer?

• Icehammer
    *Stifles giggling*
    Well, it's different, to say the least. Like the new nacelles. Your own design?

• Juta
    Secondary hull is WAY too large, in both. I honestly don't know which one I don't not like the least. I think.

• Maxell
    Actually, I prefer the original. The new nacelles are better though.

• Mercator (I can see the bottom of the page!)
    A ship whose bum doesn't look big in anything.
    It seriouly needs an arse of some type; the tapering hull at the back does not sit well with me.
    The rest, however, sits suprisingly well on my lap.
    Invert the nacelles, or try a Sabre's (i.e. a nacelle with half its length covered so that a pylon can grab onto something, like the Sabre).

• Morrisey
    Presumably a ship of wailing torment and 80's style deprivation.
    Newer one...is...the...better. The slung-forward neck slings it, I mean swings it.

• Oracle
    Comes complete with TV listings, weather and all the best showbiz gossip.
    I presume that the 'old' Oracle was the 'new' Hawk.
    Prefer the old Oracle out of the two.

• Saluke
    Stand to attention, you 'orrible lot!
    Don't like either. Sorry.

• Young
    Same for these ones. Sorry again.

Happy now, Fabrux?

I wish someone paid me the same attention. *Sobs*
Ah well, off to the College Bar.

*Hopes to f*ck the server lets me post this*

------------------
"So, no room for Bender, huh? Well I'll build my own lunar lander, with blackjack, and hookers.
In fact, who needs a lander, or blackjack?
Ah, screw the whole lot o' ya!"
-- Bender, Futurama.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Well, guess where I am. I'm here at NBTel's Living Lab and I'm posting from a TV. Isn't that different? Anyways, as you can tell, I can't make any changes here. I may do a thing or two when I get home.

A little thing on the Hawk and Oracle classes: They're practically the same thing, only the Oracle is a science ship and the Hawk is more or less a battleship.

------------------
Fabrux's Starship Page
Now with only 1 popup!

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Okay. Here we go...

• Accos
    The only differences between the old one and the new one are the change of color in the deflector dishes, the SF arrowhead on the pylon, and the formation lights.

• Alabama
    Of course it only has one nacelle! No, it has two. Yes, I took the blue out of the nacelle. It looks better this way. Also, the red on the ship now goes from light to dark and vice versa, instead of the same color on the whole ship. Again, it also has the new SF arrowhead.

• Alpine
    I think so too.

• Boraj
    The name came from somewhere that I can't remember right now *looks in Encyclopedia* Okay, so it's not in there. IIRC, I was watching a documentary on TLC one night and it was the name of an ancient city or something. The correct pronunciation is BORje

• Danath
    I actually like it. It's a light dreadnought, about the size of the Intrepid.

• Dyson
    The nacelles actually can't be the other way. See how the pylon latches on to the blue part? That's not possible in Trek.

• Eudoxus
    You like the older version better? What are you on? The first one was a result of some kitbashing with little Micro Machines. I think I like the second one much better. It's like a fast something-or-other.
    N.B. - The name of this ship came from the period of time when I wasn't very creative, so I looked in the Encyclopedia and copied down the names of all the craters on the moon that I liked

• Fishel
    Of course it's cute. And one goes to the bathroom to relieve oneself, of course.

• Gauntlet
    Yeah, the newer one has impulse engines. You can see them if you look closely. And I prefer the nacelles the way ther are. Makes it look bigger.

• Hawk
    To me, this ship and it's scientific counterpart are too perfect to change. The pod on the Hawk is from the Akira, BTW. Sovereign engines might not be too bad of an idea, though.

• Icehammer
    What's so funny? Yes, the nacelles are my own design. This ship was specifically designed for running supplies between planets in the Zeta Aquilae System.

• Juta
    This one stays the way it is. I've always considered it a perfect reminder to myself of what not to do when kitbashing.

• Maxell
    *compares the 2 pics* They're the same bloody ship! Only difference is that the pod and the things on the side are the proper ones, it has the new SF arrowhead on the pylon, and the nacelle has blue glowy thingy. That's it.

• Mercator
    What should I do, give it a shuttlebay or something?

• Morrisey
    I can't remember what my inspiration was for this. But I know one thing's for sure: Here's an unauthorized pic of it on someone's webpage(and a horrible one at that): http://www.f1.net.au/users/worf/starships/moris.htm I had originally made it as an ASCII file.

• Oracle
    Well, the Oracle is the same spaceframe as the Hawk, but it's internal arrangement is totally different. This one has sensor suites, labs aplenty, everything a true science ship needs. Usually it operates with a Hawk on the fringes of Federation space

• Saluke
    Indeed, the Saluke didn't turn out right. So, I turned it into a lowly carrier.

• Young
    Intended to be a Perimeter Aciton ship, I think these will be scouts now.

Now I'm happy, GA

------------------
Fabrux's Starship Page
Now with only 1 popup!

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited October 15, 1999).]

Enterprise
Member # 48

- posted      Profile for Enterprise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like....

I can't really speak of any gripes, as both the old and new versions are cool....

------------------
Brandon "Enterprise" Grasmick
Commanding Officer, USS Sovereign (NX-74222)

"Captain, the Sona crew are willing to negotiate a cease fire. It may have something to do with the fact that we have 3 minutes of air left."
-- Worf

Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges
-- In time of war the law falls silent.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

Do you ever say anything bad about my work, Brando?

------------------
Fabrux's Starship Page
Now with only 1 popup!

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, Fabrux.
I'm happy. Thrilled even.
Can't you tell by the sound of my gravelly voice?

------------------
"So, no room for Bender, huh? Well I'll build my own lunar lander, with blackjack, and hookers.
In fact, who needs a lander, or blackjack?
Ah, screw the whole lot o' ya!"
-- Bender, Futurama.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps