Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » New ship :) [lrg imgs]

Author Topic: New ship :) [lrg imgs]
Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[redirected links to new subdirectory]

Companies like FedEx, UnitedAir, etc can hire out the main cargo module port so that their passengers/cargo can get through any hostile territory safely.

Here is a back-view:

The big dark-grey thingies at the back are some sort of gravity projectors that the ships use for propulsion.

If you like this, I have a ton more!

------------------
My Stuff!

[This message has been edited by Sunspot (edited November 13, 1999).]

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I like it. It's very realistic. There's bound to be something like this in our future (assuming we get... that advanced). The design is relatively simple but that's all the better in this case. The hull has that "today but tomorrow" feel.

All aboard the Epsilon Express.

Is all the other nifty stuff in the Subdirectory of Doom?

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, most of my USDF stuff is still on paper, the courier was my favorite so I drew it in PSP. There is carrier.gif in the SDoD, that's pretty cool IMO.

------------------
My Stuff!

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how many stars on that us flag...

------------------
Ralph: Um, Miss Hoover? There's a dog in the vent.
Hoover: Ralph, remember the time you said Snagglepuss was outside?
Ralph: He was going to the bathroom.

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's hard to say. I saved the picture, then cropped it to just the flag, but when I blew up the flag so I could count the stars, it was blurred. There appeared to be 9 horizontal rows, alternating between 10 and 9 stars, but it's difficult to be certain.

My guess? Less than 90 but no less than 86.

--Baloo

P.S.: Which end is the front?

------------------
Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.
--Mark Twain
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/
http://members.tripod.com/~Bob_Baloo/index.htm

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, since the aft view shows what is the right side of the first pic, I'd say the left end is the front. :-)

------------------
"Alright, so it's impossible. How long will it take?"
-Commander Adams, Forbidden Planet

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*hopes that his country is not supposed to be one of the stars*

Yes, there must be fat and ugly ships before Starfleet is born

------------------
"When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way."
A somewhat different Janeway in VOY: "Living Witness"
Ex Astris Scientia

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rather assumed the RH side was the front. Seen too many ships looking like the Sulacco, I guess.
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice, sort of a mid to late 21st century look to it.

Why would that be so bad Bernd?

------------------
Calvin: "I'm a man of few words."
Hobbes: "Maybe if you read more, you'd have a larger vocabulary."
Federation Starship Datalink - Now with a pop-up on every page...damn you Tripod!

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hobbes: Identity.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Space: Above and beyond-esque design?

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps