Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Sci-Fi » Designs, Artwork, & Creativity » chart (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: chart
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't you hate it when you loose work you spent time on... I just lost a final - more detailed diagram of the Challenger class for UP3... (see other thread). Oh well.

Anyway here is something I did... its a chart - of starships - shillouettes... I remember seeing a TOS ship shillouette - with a heap of strange starships on it from TOS and the TOS movies... a friend had it. I think it was either from FASA or Starship Battles!?!

anyway - seeing as we don't have diagrams that all look the same - I went and did a shillouette chart similar to that FASA?? Brown and White chart...

anyway here it is...

Chart

Andrew.

------------------
Ralph: Um, Miss Hoover? There's a dog in the vent.
Hoover: Ralph, remember the time you said Snagglepuss was outside?
Ralph: He was going to the bathroom.

[This message has been edited by Fabrux (edited November 14, 1999).]

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah Peregine is spelt with an e.

Andrew

------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Akira is too big, Niagara design is non-canon, etc. etc. etc.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"We've got some new songs here that are not even on the MP3 thing. They're not available in any format, except of course the bootlegs that seem to proliferate all through our audience, as we watch people lip-synch along to songs that HAVEN'T BEEN RELEASED! DAMN YOU!" - John Linnell

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Any... GOOD aspects Frank!?!

anyway... Niagra I included cause... y'know people around here I think have begun to accept her and the Freedom with open arms...

------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Freedom has a valid basis, though, but the Niagara does not.

But, the chart is...uh...comprehensive.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"We've got some new songs here that are not even on the MP3 thing. They're not available in any format, except of course the bootlegs that seem to proliferate all through our audience, as we watch people lip-synch along to songs that HAVEN'T BEEN RELEASED! DAMN YOU!" - John Linnell

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sure is. And takes a long time to load.... In the future, let's save thread loading time by linking huge images like that, 'kay?

------------------
Fabrux's Starship Page

"Dream not of today"
-Night blessing of the Yash-El

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank: If they had a Freedom model to make their diagram from, what makes you thin they didn't also have the Niagara (or a picture of it, anyway)?

------------------
"Alright, so it's impossible. How long will it take?"
-Commander Adams, Forbidden Planet

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Sorry Fab

Oh all the ships - i.e. length etc. except the Freedom, Niagra, Nova, New Orleans, Cheyenne, Challenger, Sydney, Curry, Centaur, Prometheus and Yeager were originally from a chart done by Adam Hienb*** SP?? aka the Vorlon - from a few months ago... I just made them all shillouettes and added the other ships... i.e. they were the scans from the encyc - but they were his measurements - I just used it as a basis for the chart...

oh and it was done on the quick...

and yes I wanted it to be as 'comprehensive' as possible cause there is NEVER a comprehensive chart around...

thanks Frank

Andrew

------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

TSN: Where would they get an Ambassador model to kitbash?

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"Stuff" - Nobody

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

Theory - maybe the practice model they build like the one for the New Orleans... or maybe another ship from the same mould!?!

------------------

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My trust into the Fact Files schematics has been compromised recently when I saw the Sydney schematic that was pretty inaccurate, although nice pictures of the ship were available. I assume that only the basic structure of the real Niagara looks as depicted, maybe there are no Ambassador components used at all. I also wonder what the saucer hull of the Freedom class is made of. It's obviously a far more extensive modification of the Galaxy class saucer than it is on the New Orleans and the Cheyenne. The same could apply to the Niagara.

------------------
"When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way."
A somewhat different Janeway in VOY: "Living Witness"
Ex Astris Scientia

Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Niagara is widely used. Should we consider this images in a category between Canon and FF. I shall call it an acceptable design

------------------
Ruff Ryders' first space Hero
And the new owner of the 'Homeboyz in Outerspace' Hooptie
Space Ships

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Andrew: Adam's last name is spelled "Heinbuch", if you were wanting to know...

------------------
"Alright, so it's impossible. How long will it take?"
-Commander Adams, Forbidden Planet

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A rather morbid thought just struck me:

1) "Yesterday's Enterprise" precedes "Best of Both Worlds". (duh!)

2) By "Second Chances" and "Emissary", the model already sports an altered secondary hull, with the unlikely modification of new stern contours that cannot be the result of gluing in more parts.

The two-part question now goes: does "Data's Day" explicitly show new footage on the Ambassador model? If it does, are the ramscoops shuttered (this is the easiest way to distinguish between the E-C and Yamaguchi configs)? I haven't seen the ep, so I wouldn't know.

If the answer is yes to the former, no to the latter, I feel relieved. If the answer is yes to both, then I think I have solid if circumstantial evidence of navicide to present to the court!

If the secondary hull of the Ambassador really changes between "Yesterday's Enterprise" and "Data's Day", with no new footage of the Ambassador model seen in between and no appearance of the Ambassador during "BoBW"... Isn't the logical conclusion then that the modelmakers gutted the E-C model for spare parts to be used in "BoBW", then reassembled it using a new mold of the secondary hull (the original having been lost when some fan stole the prop for USS Princeton - oh, how I envy that putative bastard!)?

I ask the jury, isn't it rather unlikely that the secondary hull of the Ambassador model would receive new contours just because the modelmakers *felt* like re-casting the whole major component in a different shape? Isn't it a *strange coincidence* that this type of ship disappears from Starfleet use for a while, and suddenly the modelmakers are filing and puttying and cutting and welding their model to make the primary hull to fit into the secondary one "again"? Ladies and gentlemen, I say there can be only one conclusion - that a horrible crime of mutilation has taken place, and the severed lower body of the victim is now languishing with three, I repeat, THREE nacelles forcibly bolted onto it without consent or mercy.

I now give the podium to my honored opponent, Timo.

Thanks, Timo. Ahem, your honor, I only ask this: can available starship components from the time of filming of "BoBW", more specifically saucer halves and Galaxy-style nacelles, be correctly matched to the secondary hull of the Ambassador photographic model? If not, I suggest that charges be dropped at once. Also consider this: if a component of a *photographic model* was used to create a ship, why did we never see it featured prominently on screen in "BoBW"? With these questions, I rest my case.

Timo Saloniemi

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come again?
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps